Tiny Victories

That’s the one!

4 Likes

SOMEONE on this forum recommended Becky Chambers (I legit just searched her name and it spit out like 10 different journals, haha. I have no idea which one I saw her name in).

I just read A Psalm for the Wild-Built and weirdly the best word I can come up with is lovely. It was a very, very nice read and I really needed it, so thanks :slight_smile:

13 Likes

and you can get the sequel right away - A Prayer for the Crown Shy.

2 Likes

Isn’t it just like comfort food in a book? So good.

1 Like

I used two outstanding gift cards that have been hanging over my head for…… a very very long time. :grimacing: for better or worse. DONE.

9 Likes

13 emails in my gmail inbox :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Every weekday morning a hot dad pedals his bike past my house. He has a trailer on the front of his bike with 2 little girls in it, I assume he’s taking them to school or daycare, and he’s BLASTING perky 80s tunes from his speakers. Today it was the B52s. This brings me joy.

13 Likes

Late but joining the “I love this book so so much” train. I borrowed a copy from the library and went out and bought my own copy the day I finished it – I know I’m gonna be rereading that one a lot. It’s such a joy.

4 Likes

I just ordered 1 greek salad and a triple order of stuffed grape leaves. I wonder if they’ll call to see if it’s a mistake :laughing: but I know what I’m doing. I know.

14 Likes

It’s a great book. I like Wayfarers series just fine, but the monk & robot stories are just perfect for me. Maybe I will buy my own too. :heart:

3 Likes

Survived my 5 doctors appointments in 2 days palooza!

I had 3 in-person appointments where my Lyft came on time, I had plenty of buffer time before my appointments, I remembered my keys, and my dog didn’t barf while I was gone. Every single time! Things looking good for old Bern.

22 Likes

Congratulations on your marathon, whew!

3 Likes

Worked up the nerve to ask my manager if I could WFH the two Wednesdays leading up to my due date. He said yes! Yom Kippur’s a Wednesday and I already took that off, so that means my final in-office day for …? is next week!

18 Likes

I’m glad I live in a time where I can have the words to say that going to a particular store was overstimulating and I need some quiet time before I can do other things.

Also Kiddo got a brand new in the bag Halloween costume for a used price.

10 Likes

i just took my first bike ride in several years! was it 5 minutes long? yes. did i enjoy it? also yes!

bike rides reliably bring me joy so i’m glad to be adding them back to my life.

15 Likes

I WENT CAMPING AND IT WAS AMAZING!!! :tent: ME! In a tent and everything. And it was amazing and just the absolute best and I wanna go again!

26 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I created a prototype in Figma and made a test in Maze all by myself.

Not just telling someone else to do it, or reviewing someone else’s work or… (this is the curse of seniority, you fall behind on the tech)

9 Likes

I’ve kept my gmail inbox below 20 for an entire week.

12 Likes

Coolest. Badge. Ever.

19 Likes