Tiny Victories

Plum jam made. Pear jam in the making.

11 Likes

Today I went to a mushroom festival and I ate many mushrooms :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’ve had a very fun weekend with people I like a lot, and now I’m laying quietly at home. I love the feeling of starting introvert time when it’s much needed.

17 Likes

I’m doing the same thing! My friend just left my house and now I’m diving into Stay Close (dramatic miniseries on netflix) with sweet potato fries going in the air fryer and all the doors/windows open letting in the delicious rain smell.

9 Likes

It is 70 degrees and raining outside…all of the windows are open and my house smells like creosote plants. :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

The main thing I miss about my hometown.

5 Likes

Even tho my project got scrapped, i hung out with a more seasoned jeweler and learned a lot today! Plus he’s a huge sweetheart and was very kind and generous with his time and energy and it made me happy :relaxed:

19 Likes

I emerged from the passport office victorious and with less spending than expected

I had a delicious picnic

In a fancy new to us park

With the best kids ever

And best husboo

24 Likes

Finally got a replacement for one of the cats’ big cardboard scratchie pads so now when I vacuum there are considerably fewer pieces of cardboard everywhere!

6 Likes

I got to go back to fighter practice after four weeks off due to COVID.

12 Likes

I thought I lost my passport but I found it just as I was about to give up and fill out the form for a new one!

16 Likes

To me this victory is huge!

5 Likes

Stupid one but I set a boundary with myself today!

Boundary Explained!

I am the friend everyone calls/texts when they have a problem, need advice, need encouragement, etc. In some ways it’s flattering but it can also be kind of exhausting because I also have a lot going on. A friend needed a call this morning and I have two medical appointments later so I set a time to get off the phone in my head before answering and when she kept going on I was just like, “sorry, I have to go now”. Now I have time to actually eat and meditate before my appointments which is helpful, and I still helped her feel good.

I know this is like, grade 1 boundary stuff. It’s strange. I think going through a whole lot at too young an age in some ways has put me way ahead mentally, and I often feel a lot older than people my age, but then there are these areas where it’s like I’m an infant. And those areas are all around assertiveness about my needs, so this was big. I got really nervous when I told her I had to go and she kept talking and then I reasserted that I had to go now and it was totally fine!

I feel some guilt because I know I can make people feel better so setting a boundary (like even not responding to a text) feels like I’m selfishly denying them that. But then also I feel like…I wish people didn’t only reach out when they need me to build them up about something, or encourage, or listen, or give advice, etc. Oh well! This is a good step for me. :slight_smile: I think I’ve also gotten better at recognizing signs of a friendship like this and backing away before it goes too far because I just…can’t keep being in this role. AND I have a friend made in the last 3 years who is not at all like this. So that’s also been encouraging, and I saw her twice last week! She only texts to make plans which is awesome, I don’t feel like her mom.

21 Likes

Everyone! Look! Look at this! We just had 5 rescue kittens at work! :two_hearts:

30 Likes

Last one.

28 Likes

OMG. I want all of them. Every single one.

7 Likes

I’ll take a dozen!

6 Likes

Yes please. My human:cat ratio is off in my household, need kitten.

5 Likes

The tortie was making some little noises when I first snuggled it which I thought was cute. My coworker looked at its face and told me it was hissing at me which was even more adorable because it’s tiny. :heart_eyes_cat:

10 Likes

Nice try little kitten, but you don’t scare me!

8 Likes