Tiny Victories

I got to pet this guy today!!!

19 Likes

There’s a whole genre of English language learners reading English Children’s books on YouTube. I’m getting over being sick and have a bad cough, and Latte is actively sick, and husband is traveling for work. So she’s currently turning to goo in my lap watching a nice Asian lady named Candy reading her current favorite stories. Bonus, since Latte is familiar with these stories it means she’s getting good exposure to listening to accents. I’m gonna count this as educational and not just an opportunity for me to play on my phone as we both become mucus puddles :joy:

18 Likes

My partner’s battery holder in her electronic key fob broke loose. I broke out my trusty Weller soldering iron rescued from a metal shop class and fixed up with a new tip and soldered it back on. WooT!

10 Likes

This sounds genuinely educational to me!

3 Likes

Well, it’s more connection and retention and stuff for them if it’s an actual person actually reading to them real time. But man, today. Just can’t do the legit HOURS of reading she wants right now.

4 Likes

A taco truck setup by work! (There only is a coffee shop and a mediocre burger place by my office). And they made the best sopes I’ve ever had! And they’ll be back every Monday! Very good jamaica too.

14 Likes

My whole apartment smells like chicken and butter.

13 Likes

I officially have plans for my anniversary next month! Booked a campsite :open_mouth: so we are officially going tent camping together. I’m nervous but also really excited- and it’s near the ocean so it’s going to be so pretty. Now to meal plan, haha. I never seem to get out of cooking!

19 Likes

Ahhh I hope you have a lovely time!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds amazing! Let me know if you want ideas or feasability thoughts/backup options that husband can do. I will just treat you as my husband and your husband as me.

Oh! And last night I saw someone doing samosa filling in jalapenos in an air fryer for amazing grain free samosas!!!

3 Likes

Sure, do you mean for food? Also those stuffed jalapeños sound really good :drooling_face: yum!

1 Like

I meant for food but for just surviving and enjoying camping too!

4 Likes

Is this your first time camping? I hope you have fun! I highly recommend getting a very thick and luxurious blow up camping pad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tent camped a lot as a really little kid kid! First time camping since disability though, which means it must have been pre age 11! So a long time, but yeah I have a super cushy bed setup, haha.

12 Likes

Tonight we had a date and the Vietnamese restaurant I picked was killer. Like, outstandingly good with a really interesting menu. We are definitely going to go back! And I think I’m going to start a little review/list of all the places we go, partially for fun and partially so I don’t forget any good places or accidentally repeat mediocre/bad ones.

Evidence

Isn’t this the prettiest salad?! It’s bamboo shoots, duck, shrimp, and carrots.

The sauce with the bo luk lac was really outstanding. I couldn’t identify everything in it which is always really exciting for me. That’s kind of my holy grail when eating out because I love to taste something entirely new and be a little stumped/intrigued (definitely pepper and lemongrass, but something else too)…and eventually hunt it all down. And the beef was cooked so well! The soup is bamboo shoots and duck and was ok, but I think we can do better next time :slight_smile: I would get the salad and beef again though (if I didn’t want to try the whole menu).

14 Likes

TV: I have been too busy with house things and my parents visiting to look at my phone or the computer much. I miss being caught up here and texting friends but my brain feels so decompressed from the time away from screens.

Also TV: we bought the most beautiful, massive loaf of sourdough bread today and it was extra chewy and sour

19 Likes

Shouting angry man got on my train car and after a bit of angry shouting, moved to the next car

8 Likes

Neighbour had fresh vegetables out in a box for free. I took the zucchini and gave my walking buddy the cherry tomatoes. We left the sage because I have so much growing in my yard.

6 Likes

16 Likes