Tiny Victories

Hmmm Tangerine bank seems to not want me to move my money - got an email yesterday that I have a special 3.5% interest rate coming my way shortly for all non-registered savings. Beats the 0.10% they have been earning. I read the fine print and it is on all savings, because usually they give the special promo for only new deposits.

10 Likes

I got buy in from dh to switch our cleaning products to more natural stuff (pending his approval after use). He likes everything I bought! Yay! No more chemical smell!

14 Likes

I canceled a subscription box thing. I never did subscription boxes prior to the pandemic. Then I tried it out of boredom? Looking for something fun in life when we were all stuck at home all the time? Then I got a little carried away with them. I’m down to two quarterly ones and one small monthly one ($13/month) now. I’m sure this is still more than I need but it’s a process. I think I won’t confess how many I’ve tried at this point!

18 Likes

I had lots of great friend time today and just ate a bunch of delicious chips! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

It’s been raining steadily for like 20 minutes!

7 Likes

We finally bought the fancy in-window air conditioner yesterday, so we ended the heat wave! Should have thought of this in June.

11 Likes

I seem to have recovered from Covid!

23 Likes

After days of high 80s and 90s temps, today is high of 75. We’ve got the windows open and it’s not stifling! Fresh air! The cats are full on ignoring us, stationed at their own busy sills.

16 Likes

Office dogs today! :heart: They belong to my coworker. The black one has cancer and won’t be here much longer so she went and chose a new friend (brindle) last night.

13 Likes

My good headset is back in commission and boy is it nice to not have ear pain just from wearing them!

9 Likes

I evicted the groundhog last night and he hasn’t come back and dug a new hole yet! Fingers crossed that he stays gone now.

10 Likes

My manager is on vacation as of today, and we have a long weekend coming….she told us to basically take Friday off after our calls. I have stuff to do over the next few days but it’s nice not to feel any pressure to do paid work. I love wfh with full autonomy.

19 Likes

It is 70F outside at 4 pm, has been cloudy all day, and it rained TWO INCHES last night. It’s going to get hot again eventually, but man this is amazing.

13 Likes

I comfortably wore PANTS today in my own home! It’s such a treat.

9 Likes

I sliced an apple for a snack and then remembered I had a jar of TJ’s salted caramel sauce in the fridge. Next level bedtime snack achieved!

14 Likes

I finally (finally!) went to Home Depot to return various things from random house projects that I’ve had sitting in a pile for over a year. They took everything back and I have $300 in store credit!!

18 Likes

Eating chocolate cake for breakfast

(Tc: been up since 4am with toddler)

15 Likes

I finally took an MCAT diagnostic today! I’ve been putting it off because it’s time consuming and annoying. I did pretty terribly overall, which I expected given I still have to take half of the courses covered on it and I’ve done zero studying. I did predictably well on psych/soc and the reading comprehension section, and predictably awful on the science sections. It’s nice to have a starting point, now just 1.5 years of studying/coursework to go!

17 Likes

I gave myself a haircut today!

14 Likes

Tell me more! Did you change the look of it? Is this something you have done before? Are you happy with the results? Do you enjoy the process? Do you cut it dry, or wet?

I have slightly wavy hair and cut mine dry all one length. I’m sure it’s not totally straight, but my hair is wavy and it’s good enough for me. I find it fun. I love the snip snip noise of the scissors in the feeling of satisfaction when I’m done I don’t get from a lot of other things. I’m also kind of an oddball in that I don’t enjoy pro haircuts!

6 Likes