Tiny Victories

I don’t have to have another surgery!!! IT’S JUST A SPRAIN!!!

29 Likes

:tada::partying_face::tada::raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes

If I still drank I’d pop some champagne! I guess I could chug my coffee? Or do a celebratory shot of seltzer? Not quite the same effect, haha. BUT WHO CARES!!! JUST A SPRAIN!!! Haha, PT was like, “I’ve never seen someone so happy about a sprain!”

specifics for the nerds

A proximal tibio fibular ligament sprain, spelling is my approximation. She did an adjustment and I immediately had more strength in that leg. I might have to go in for a few more adjustments but that’s likely all! I was pretty sure it wasn’t a full tear because I’ve done that before and it just didn’t hurt that much, but my leg is like half numb and my knee felt super unstable so I got nervous, especially since I’ve had surgery on both knees before and it was swelling. Apparently this injury can happen from overuse but also from impact, like getting hit by a wave on the beach. So if you ever have an injury that feels like your knee, but nothing is wrong with your knee, IDK maybe ask about this.

12 Likes

Ok extreme athlete! We should have known.

6 Likes

Hah! You should have seen my face a couple years ago when I went to a foot person for my gross warts and she looks at my wrecked feet and goes, “you must be a marathon runner!” :rofl: like, bitch I can’t even run to catch a bus, lmao.

But yeah this probably was from overuse. I’ve upped my activity level a lot and the days immediately before this happened I wayyyy overdid it two days in a row. It’s challenging because I don’t feel any pain in the moment (or more accurately, I am always feeling pain and so don’t notice the addition of more) so I find my limits by just, getting injured. That’s why I chose this awesome lifestyle, for the excitement! #disability haha

12 Likes

We have a visiting office dog today!

24 Likes

that is a very pretty visitor!

3 Likes

CW: Pet issue but happy ending

I accidentally gave my dog a double dose of one of his anxiety medications, and he seems fine, just passed out. Whew!! Poison control said to watch him for up to four hours, but that side effects would probably kick in sooner if they were going to show up, and it’s been two hours. Go Louie go!

17 Likes

Hope he is having a good rest.

3 Likes

The episode of Murder She Wrote I’m watching is entitled, “Corned Beef and Carnage”.

I just felt like other people should know.

15 Likes

Is it one of the episodes in Ireland with her “cousin”?

5 Likes

Hahaha, no but that’s a great guess!

1 Like

I FOUND my headset plug in at work today. Sitting innocently on the top of the filing cabinet at the desk I had used, like it was waiting for me. I was worried I would have to write off the headset as unusable and now I can use it again!!! I am thrilled. It’s way more comfortable and better at sound canceling than the cheapo pair my office supplies.

12 Likes

I managed to find KN95 masks (first score…they’re hard to find here now) AND I got them dirt cheap (second score). Original price 20/$24.95 CAD. I scored them for $9.95 by applying the 55+ discount and my air miles.

8 Likes

Coworker and I might’ve fixed that bank rec. I swear I have never had so many problems with bank recs but this one client has just let this steaming pile of shit go for way too long.

Maybe now they can finally clean it up and move forward. And maybe auditing cash when I go out there on the 1st won’t be a fucking shitshow.

6 Likes

My upstairs neighbor from 2019 (in a different state/city) reached out to me because I got a package delivered to my old place. Talk about being a good neighbor!!! I reached out to REI about it and they’re going to pick it up, which is a relief because I didn’t want to make an extra chore for him. Wins all around!

16 Likes

Another win today! I have tickets for a car museum/driving exhibit this weekend but my leg isn’t up to that yet, so I called to see if I can get the dates changed. Turns out I can use these tickets literally any time! So I didn’t lose any money and I still get to go see very fast cars :slight_smile: which I love. :oncoming_automobile:

15 Likes

I was skeptical but it turns out the 13-pound bag of cat food fits perfectly into the three empty containers available for it.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Credit where credit is due, folks. Any time I have ever had to deal with the state of Illinois regarding my business, the person I’ve called has been unfailingly helpful and polite, and today was no exception. Usually dealing with the government sucks but this particular office is amazing.

16 Likes