Tiny Victories

Had some clouds roll through and took the opportunity to bike to the grocery store, only to realize when I got out of the store that I’d forgotten to put the carry-basket back onto my bike and only had the flat rack and one sad bungee. Fortunately it wasn’t a major trip and most everything was already in my backpack, but since I wasn’t about to risk jamming raw eggs into the the same bag I use for work…

(They made it, but it was a slow trip :slight_smile: )

15 Likes

After a year in my new town, finally got a new library card!

18 Likes

Invasion of the Body Snatchers is on amazon prime

4 Likes

Original or the remake with Donald Sutherland? Or is there an even newer version? I liked the Donald Sutherland version better than the original.

3 Likes

Original all the way!

1 Like

There is something for everyone!

I find the pacing of many old movies to be too slow for me. And the bad special effects. I am spoiled.

3 Likes

Oh I love them, haha. The Thing is my favorite. Original foreverrrrr. I like the era pre-cgi when it was all puppets and miniatures and madness, haha.

ETA: I’m dumb, haha. I am also terrible at celebrities. The one I like is the Donald Sutherland one. It looks old so I didn’t know it wasn’t the original and I didn’t know who he was, lol. The annoying guy from jurassic park is in it too. And spock.

7 Likes

Well, the Donald Sutherland one IS old, now. But there’s an even older one, in B&W I think.

3 Likes

I play on a trivia team, and for some reason the scorer never accepts ‘the blond one’ as the answer when they’re asking about celebrities :smiley: . ‘Two-eyed Nick Fury’ also got a no for some reason.

8 Likes

Annoying one = Jeff Goldblum? I don’t think you mean Wayne Knight.
Spock = Leonard Nimoy

3 Likes

Have you watched the old Sinbad or Jason and the Argonauts movies? Really, really bad puppets. Really. Bad.

4 Likes

Bigger kid was watching the kung Fu tv show with David Carradine and came across an episode with Harrison Ford, pre-star wars. He was a baby! Playing a character named Harrison.
That was cool.

7 Likes

Yes! That guy. I haven’t seen those other movies tho!

Haha, that would be me.

5 Likes

Mine is usually like off brand of the actual celebrity but also not with a name. Like “isn’t that the guy from those wizard movies?” And Mr. Meer just knows at this point that I’m thinking of Elijah Wood but talking about Daniel Radcliffe (although I’m less likely to actually get those two confused but it was the first celeb set the internet suggested that I knew both names).

9 Likes

That is next level spouse interpretation :rofl:

9 Likes

Went on a lazy bike ride to stare at dogs and stumbled on an original practice Shakespeare performance!

13 Likes

My garage is organized!! It only took 90 minutes once I finally convinced spouse to do it.

11 Likes

Found the missing toddler shorts!

14 Likes

The builders are here starting my porch!

12 Likes

I figured out how to connect my phone to the home network file system, so I don’t need to move videos through google drive.

7 Likes