Tiny Victories

I’m all optimistic after watching (and judging/marking) a bunch of pitches from uni students on really cool concepts. I wanted to invest in 2 of them on the spot and direct a few more to the right people.

5 Likes

Don’t you know the plot twist?

You ARE Tony Victor! YOU WERE TONY VICTOR THE WHOLE TIME.

11 Likes

Talked to the cutest guy at the meetup. Exchanged contact cards. :muscle:

13 Likes

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Foster kid filled the house with the stench of axe body spray, as usual.

BUT.

Now that it’s properly spring I can open the windows and air the place out instead of suffering all day or finding other places to go to escape the smell. My house is a little cold because of the open windows, but I can breathe. ahhhh.

(no I won’t ask him to stop using it. Kiddo is violent and volatile most places, but is mellow and happy here. If the very worst thing he does is use Axe I can cope with that. I like him.)

14 Likes

I slept until 9. I have leftovers to eat, and dinner out planned

8 Likes

All sensible, but do you have any yard or porch space you might ask him to use for the application? Or is the smell all coming from his person- that’s harder to change.

3 Likes

His personal scent is also extremely not great, and my house is a rectangular prism with no semi-indoor spaces.

More to the point, this kid feels unwelcome everywhere he goes, as a natural consequence of his shitty actions. I like that he feels welcome here. He can go ahead and stink up my house.

13 Likes

You are a solid and good human, Smacksters. :heart:

7 Likes

Yeah I was thinking, much as people like to make fun of Axe, there’s far worse things he could smell like.

I’m glad you’re at something like open window season in Hoth. Kiddo was sitting on my lap this morning so I could help get his shoes on and I felt the natural body heat radiating off of him and I briefly considered sending him to live in Hoth one day.

6 Likes

Showered, made coffee, made a sandwich and apple slices, and still got out the door in 40 min and made the bus. :grin:

Also my new shoes are broken in enough I can wear them without band aids (they’re comfy everywhere but the heel, where I always have issues).

5 Likes

I went to my podiatrist’s practice’s website to look for their phone number and realized/remembered that they have online appointment booking. So now I have an appointment for the podiatrist to look at the ingrown other side of my toenail.

7 Likes

1238 still in pyjamas back in bed. This weekend was so busy, today is a delight.

Tonight I go for dinner with a new friend. We’re going kinda far ish.

11 Likes

My entire household has slept in past six thirty. A rare treat!!

6 Likes

And now Mr H is making me a coffee. Yes. Today is a much, much better day than the last few days.

9 Likes

YAY!

I was tempted to work from home today, but decided that I’d just end up doing housework and I would rather be less stressed about study than have a clean house. On my way to the library now for a celebration coffee and a lot of writing.

6 Likes

I am planning an amazing vacation. Very excite, much wow.

13 Likes

My kids still aren’t grumbling about having been put in charge of dishes. Now they just clean up after dinner!!

11 Likes

Are your kids named Tony and Victor? They should be.

9 Likes

I’m going to start calling them that and they will be confused and it will make my laugh. :smiley:

12 Likes