Tiny Victories

Lol. I really feel like I am. Today I made tuna casserole. I’m not sure when I reverted to such simple recipes, but at least I am succeeding with them! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Shipped some homemade jelly/jam to my parents and sister after saying I was going to for forever (months). It was kind of expensive, but it also was WAYYYYYY belated Christmas presents, so.

6 Likes

Did laundry!

4 Likes

Went to a fancy grocery store looking for sale mac and cheese. Instead I found free samples of fancy chocolate.

7 Likes

I planted vegetable seeds!

5 Likes

One of the benefits of having getting married pretty casually: I can go to work in my “wedding dress” and no one thinks anything of it but it gives me a positive moodlet all day :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Updated my online shop with new products (and amazing photos!) and sent a marketing email!

Can I be done adulting now?

5 Likes

Yes. You did it! You’re an adult. Nap time.

2 Likes

Can you please explain the concept of “nap time” to Bobbin?

5 Likes
7 Likes

No lie, I recently found a copy of this in a Portland free pile. Mine now :raised_hands::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

FOUR PEOPLE gave me copies of this book when my dudes were little. Did they think I needed encouragement to swear in front of my kids? Because I was doing fine at that already.

9 Likes

And this is why there are so many copies splashed about in free piles.

3 Likes

Are you saying that this is the difference that I’ve made in the world?
Because that’s fair.

1 Like

I dog sit on the side of my full time (45-50 hour a week) job. Lately I have been realizing that it’s just too much, especially now in our busy season, and I’ve been super stressed and have had no time for myself. I’m so tired! Anyway, I have a really hard time saying no, because most of the dogs I watch are my friends or acquaintances pets, and I always want to help people out. Today I had a request for a 2 week (ugh) trip in the summer, and I very gently said “no” and that I would be taking a long break for a few months. This dog is especially high energy, and takes every minute of my free time outside of work, so it was definitely a necessary “no.” I felt really apprehensive/guilty before making this decision (I don’t want to disappoint friends, and lose out on extra income) but now I feel SO relaxed, and I can’t wait to have a few months of luxurious free time all to my self!

11 Likes

I told my kids that they need more chores and that I was putting them in charge of dishes from now on. I’ll still cook every day, but I’m not doing dishes anymore. And they didn’t really complain? And then they did the dishes. :smiley:

17 Likes

It was half-price bagel day at my local cafe.

4 Likes

Worked, did cover letters, and started gathering planning info for moves to 3 different potential cities so I’ll be READY! Also stayed calm despite not knowing where I will be in a couple of months. And I ate ice cream for lunch.

7 Likes

I found the bus stop closer to my office! It was hidden by shrubbery and my assumption that the next one wasn’t for ages.

8 Likes

I actually returned something that didn’t work for me rather than eating the cost! And it was just slightly more back to my card than the thing I needed to purchase to replace it.

6 Likes