Tiny Victories

More food: I ate my salad today for the 4th day in a row. I have enough ingredients left for ~ 1 more. I’m determined not to let them rot!

9 Likes

Food here too. I gave up on having dessert in the evenings, and am eating 3 days worth of long awaited dessert during naptime.

5 Likes

Those are the best days. I feel like I won a prize or something when we pull that off.

2 Likes

Work training was way less awkward than expected after being off for like 10 months. My favorite manager was the trainer today, and she was SO excited to see me and hear about the pregnancy. She’s also second in charge now, which is handy for someone who likes you and said they’d be your reference if you ever apply to other jobs!

8 Likes

Salad! Day 5 of 5. Finished up the chicken and most of the veggies. The little bit of greens left don’t count. Now you don’t need to read me posting about salad anymore for a while.

Also: I totally would not have made the effort to eat salad today if I hadn’t been posting about it here, so thanks for indulging me. I needed it.

6 Likes

My toddler refused his nap today, but I left half an hour early for our afternoon activity with the plan he’d fall asleep in the car or we’d end up going for a walk - he fell asleep! (Took a bit of extra driving around). My tiny complaint is that I wanted a nap too…

4 Likes

My victory is also food related.
I stuck to my grocery budget this week and actually made a big well-rounded meal last night that I will want the leftovers from (there are currently 7 containers in my fridge of previous leftovers that I clearly did not want… seven!).
I’m so excited and hope to make this one again!

5 Likes

Awesome!!! You’re a chef :wink:

I did not eat chocolate for dinner two nights in a row, despite wanting to. I even bought the chocolate last night but I made soup instead.

Now I get to have chocolate for breakfast. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

My kids wanted pizza for dinner last night but I made myself a salad with seared ahi. It was very delicious but light so I had plenty of room for leftover birthday cake, too.

5 Likes

I burned some amber incense in my closet yesterday, and now my clothes are very faintly scented with amber (which I really only smell when I move them in a particular way).

4 Likes

I have been absent of my usual chronic fatigue and joint pain for days. And I’m listening to my body about food. And I bought new glasses for only $349…so my $125 or whatever from insurance will make a healthy dent!

11 Likes

Sprocket is home.

21 Likes

Husband just made fresh squeezed lemonade! I LOVE LEMONADE!

9 Likes

Killing the treadmill with 2 miles tonight!

7 Likes

Got to sleep in, then ate leftover pizza for breakfast. This is what I call A Good Morning.

12 Likes

I’m aching from overhauling a section of the garden on Thursday BUT not utterly fatigued and am clearly starting to actually build muscle! My whole body functions completely differently now and it’s so cool. To the point that I even made it through 2 hours of Tai Chi this morning. Just one of these things would’ve wrecked me for a week at the start of the year, and no muscles to show for it either.

9 Likes

Husband and I made it our ENTIRE 2 hour drive yesterday without me needing to pee! Second trimester magic is real. (Admittedly, I had us stop on the way back. BUT I was planning ahead for bad traffic. So that’s just like, adulting. I think)

7 Likes

I got out of bed today even though I didn’t want to.

8 Likes

Actually used up a jar of sunbutter AND a jar of fancy mayo rather than buying them for one thing, coming back ??? months later, and throwing the rest out because who knows if it’s still good.

6 Likes