Tiny Victories

I’m acting like a responsible adult today - I made a salad for lunch! (instead of just munching on chips and hummus)

10 Likes

I have no uterus.

23 Likes

Yay!

1 Like

Too tired to go to work today but I seized the heck out of my day off (I’ve banished the word “productive” from my vocabulary). Finally got my in-state drivers license (what? It’s only 21 months overdue), picked up coffee beans from my favorite but inconveniently located roaster, checked the PO box, sent out a newsletter, and COOKED MOTHERFUCKING DINNER.

12 Likes

I decided that I will not participate in the employee picnic for Day Job (that I am quitting soon) today.
I can already hear the church music playing and these meetings are, for me, a nightmare of theological discussions and terminologies I don’t understand. It’s like being in a room where no one speaks the same language as me. They also want us to play a game where we practice memorizing the religious mission statement of the organization. And the statement sounds very like a cult thing. No.
Hiding in my office until it’s time to go for the day. This is a victory.

11 Likes

My friend, who has known my little dude since he was born, called to tell me what amazing progress the kid is making and how impressed he is with him.
All the warm fuzzies.
(Little dude has autism, things have been very bad at different points. Friend has been there for all of it)

13 Likes

That’s a great friend! It’s great to hear how your LD is progressing.

2 Likes

I’m wearing a new dress, which apparently makes me look pregnant but IDGAF because it’s suuuuper comfy.

8 Likes

My VPN is totally borked and won’t let me remote into work, but I have no super urgent work and just get to sit here and knit as IT works on it.

5 Likes

I saw Endgame! So now I won’t be spoilered!

Also - am shocked that the next movie (Spiderman: Far From Home) comes out in only TWO MONTHS. I mean, I love these movies, but that seems, like, super soon? Right?

1 Like

On a related note, the theater that we like in grad school city has just made all showings five dollars. So we saw Endgame too.

3 Likes

I’m in bed before 9 like some kind of old person and it’s glorious.

7 Likes

I can fully hear out of my right ear again, for the first time in months!

Also, cooked dinner x2 combo!

6 Likes

I do a participate.
My tiny victory for today was that I decided during a two hour gap between appointments that I was not going to finish mowing the lawn.
Instead I sat down to read a book by the front window with my pup.
As an incessant Git-R-Done Type-A, this is a victory!

10 Likes

Good for you!

So I shouldn’t brag next that I put down my laptop and mowed the yard? Good, because I haven’t. This, for me, is not a victory.

2 Likes

I bought healthy food my body wanted

10 Likes

I trashtalked the royal family with my friend while drinking a smoothie in bed. #LivingTheDream

10 Likes

I ate a delicious salad for dinner.

7 Likes

To keep the food theme going, all of my meals today were leftovers. No cooking today, Satan!

10 Likes

It hailed again today. :expressionless: But! I was home and paying attention and got all the baby plants moved under cover. NOT TODAY MOTHER NATURE!!

6 Likes