Tiny Victories

I mean they’re cut out, and one piece is mostly sewn. That’s basically done, right?

4 Likes

I baked a cake!

8 Likes

I am eating at an unfamiliar cafe! (I do not like change or surprises or new places to eat.)

7 Likes

I’m totally double posting. I realised I have a gym on-site at uni, so I can learn to lift heavy shit during my study days instead of having to find more time for it and therefore childcare during the rest of the week!

8 Likes

My tiny victory isn’t a full victory yet, but… I am starting to think about and perhaps plan for leaving my day job. *If you know me, you know how exciting this is… my day job is vomit soaked double-mashed garbage left in the boiling sun on a summer day.

17 Likes

This starts with a complaint: the snack I had brought to work was a fail. The egg had gone bad and I don’t know what Sabra put in their “breakfast avocado toast,” but it was gross. (I suspect the avocado was pureed and/or pasteurized.) But I had a backup Larabar! So I still had a snack.

4 Likes

I made seitan for the first time today. I have no idea if it’s going to be good or not (I think it may be too spongy? maybe underkneaded?), but still, I MADE SEITAN!

(if you love bread and/or oobleck, make seitan, kneading it is a delight)

6 Likes

BONUS VICTORY: when I got home D had made guacamole! :raised_hands:t2:

6 Likes

I made a giant sheet pan cherry pie today. I made the crust from scratch and it is amazing. I also ate two pieces because it tasted amazing, and don’t feel guilty about it, which is a big step for me

8 Likes

I brought the washing in off the line last night and it’s raining this morning! Bonus is that it was my irrigation day, so we won’t have to water either! Downside is I forgot to bring in the kiddo’s fabric tent…

3 Likes

I made really plain tofu and I’m eating it and it is like heaven being able to enjoy it. I haven’t felt this grateful since I had raspberry sorbet

5 Likes

Husband is at a movie with a friend & Bobbin is asleep so that means hot chocolate and history channel all for me!

4 Likes

I hosted everyone here and fed them for pennies. And better yet, it’s done!

9 Likes

While the toddler was off at swimming lessons, I ran the dishwasher, put away clean clothes, emptied all the bins, ran the washing machine, poured 3 kettles of boiling water on weeds in a space in the garden that I’m clearing out, hand watered pots and the peas we planted yesterday, cleaned the laundry, set up my new potting bench for seedlings (a stack of bricks), and am ready for the toddler to return and plant seeds into egg cartons and recycled plastic plant pots with me. Any we don’t use will go in the recycling.

He was away for 2 hours.

10 Likes

It is raining, it is the best.

5 Likes

C’mon people, more wins!

My win today was I actually saw my second supervisor for the first time in MONTHS, and he likes my ideas phew

3 Likes

Old dog was able to walk (slowly) out to the pond with me. We examined tadpoles.He may possibly have drunk one by accident, but I’m choosing to believe it swam away.

12 Likes

I don’t know if this counts as a victory, but it makes me happy. A few months ago at work there was a ginormous industrial fan that was temporarily put by a server closet and it felt like working on an airport tarmac in terms of noise. I found a picture saying “I’m your biggest fan” and taped it to the side of the fan.

I just saw the fan in a hallway (off, thankfully) and it still says “I’m your biggest fan”. :smile:

12 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

Photoshoot done, new product shots are on the way!

6 Likes