Tiny Victories

:heart_eyes:

One of my tomatoes sprouted. Go little tomato, go!

5 Likes

First hummingbird of the season!

3 Likes

Eventually my bed day included a 2or3 hour nap and I feel lots better. But even with getting up to shower and cook rice, I’m tucked back in close to bedtime, and appropriately sleepy

3 Likes

My tiny victory is that my curls make sense today (they’ve been very out of line the last week or so).

8 Likes

Ha! I have an emergency can of instant espresso and have to crack it open a few times a year. I know that feeling of relief!

1 Like

I managed to put myself in a good mood by playing Lizzo loudly and dancing around the living room with my toddler.

5 Likes

Isn’t this the best! I have crazy curly hair, and maybe once a week, or every two weeks, it drys just how I want it to. It’s usually on a day off when I don’t plan on seeing anyone, of course.

Right?! Ha.
It’ll get ruined at 12pm at the gym, but I will look so wild (in a good way) and great while I’m warming up at least (and for my morning appointments before then). LOL.

2 Likes

I did this yesterday! Bobbin and I are 100% that bitch. I freaking love Lizzo.

3 Likes

Bought the coffee! :smiley:

But also! I just figured out I do have an extra cable to use my desktop computer with a regular monitor! I mostly use it for online video stuff (YouTube, etc), and have it hooked up to my tv. This makes it REALLY DIFFICULT to use as a, you know, computer, when you want to search the internet or programs or type things. (I was doing these things crouched in front of the television, or kneeling/sitting, which puts a HUGE crick in ones neck.) BUT! Now I can do both. I thought I was going to have to break down and buy a new cable but looked one last time. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: (I swear I have looked a dozen times.)

2 Likes

I won an award thingie at work that comes with a (smallish) check. Also a picture in the paper, so my tiny complaint to go with is I’d been assured I didn’t need to dress up for the faculty meeting and had on jeans. At least I decided not to skip the shower that morning!

5 Likes

I’m being more social lately!

2 Likes

I made food! And now I’m making another food! And drinking the last beer and considering doing another pause on alcohol. :slight_smile:
Last beers taste especially good. :wink:

4 Likes

I invited the hairiest of my gay friends over to teach my kid how to groom his facial hair. My kid is learning how to thread eyebrows. He is officially more elegant than me.
To lure the friend here I cooked a huge, delicious feast. Everyone wins.

10 Likes

You are an amazing parent. :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t even know what it means to thread an eyebrow.

Will u adopt me @Smacky ?

1 Like

it’s like plucking, but with string

3 Likes

It means you don’t have to spend forever plucking and don’t break out in nasty oozing red spots from hot wax. Or it does if you’re me. I love threading.