Tiny Victories

Made huge progress at PT today and started working on some new stuff! Painful but productive, yayyyy!!!

5 Likes

I have two whole days with Ponder while Duckling goes to daycare!!!

Also I actually did my own project (cutting pieces for a new skirt) after bedtime last night, because it was an early bedtime due to a #napstrike

4 Likes

We’re reducing Elder Dog’s pain meds during the day, and he actually seems to be doing better this way. Warmer weather plus glucosamine supplement for the win.

Bonus: since he’s only getting the really hardcore stuff at night, it’s making him sleep more consistently. I slept through the night last night for the first time in weeks.

7 Likes

With apologies for the double post: Walmart grocery has finally come to (almost) my neck of the woods. The nearest Walmart doesn’t do it, but the next nearest, at just over 10 miles away, does. So I gave it a try, programmed in my grocery order for the week, and picked it all up in less than five minutes at 8 AM on Easter morning.

There’s no charge for the pick up, and our grocery options around here are shop at Walmart or go hungry, so absolutely no guilt, and my life is tremendously improved.

5 Likes

I don’t get dizzy when I spin on ice skates any more, even laybacks.

9 Likes

Dummy-weaning has progressed to the point where no-one had to get out of bed to tend to a sad toddler overnight.

6 Likes

I rode my bike all the way to the dentist this morning (It’s like…1 mile away haha) instead of driving even though I really wanted to drive because it was raining. Then I rode on to work. Small victory, but 3 days straight that my car has sat in my driveway.

7 Likes

I’m unemployed for the rest of the week :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Isnt this a big victory?:sleeping:

3 Likes

I made a whole skirt in under 24 hours (hemming doesn’t count shhhhhh)

6 Likes

Managed to get four little plants in the ground today despite the aid of my Assistant Gardener.

9 Likes

I’ve kinda had a crap week so far, but I left this window open and made myself think of a nice little victory.
I have two:

• Got a free desk from Day Job. Plus they let me load it into my car on the clock :dollar:.

• Got some great coupons ($20 off $100) on my Lidl App and used them for my “lets see if this can get me to the middle of May” groceries. (smol related complaint: why am I a bottomless pit for food?)

8 Likes

I slept in

10 Likes

I had enough flex leave to take the 3 days off work this week so between the public holidays I get 10 days off work. Bliss.

8 Likes

Today I booked a flight for the summer, and my investments increased by more than the amount of the flight. It actually makes no difference but it still looks pretty on my spreadsheet.

9 Likes

The old car is finally gone and donated! I hope whoever it ends up with keeps the hula girl on the dashboard…

11 Likes

I learned how to graft fruit trees today! Well, apples, anyway. The only downside is that they take about 3 years to become a fruit-bearing tree. I think I will also take the fruit tree budding class that is offered in the summer. Budding is how you get those “fruit cocktail” type trees.

9 Likes

I washed my fall/winter/spring coat and sewed a button back! It might even be dry for tomorrow

6 Likes

I hemmed my new skirt, fixed another skirt and mended a pair of baby pants.

3 Likes

I did something risky that I was scared of. It turned out better than I thought it would. Not great, but not terrible, and that’s a win.

11 Likes