Tiny Victories

I painted half the stairs! The other half needs doing and I will have to do more coats of paint, but I’ve been procrastinating on this job for a few months, so GO ME.
Also I got tired and started shaking and threw up 2/3 of the way through the job and I can’t go to bed until the stairs are dry enough for the dogs to go up. But it’s still progress on a project when it feels like I have been stuck in bed for weeks. Yay!(?)

12 Likes

<3 but not for the shaking and vomit, for the painting- they’re going to look amazing!

1 Like

Here’s how they look from the bottom, with one of the tiles I got and will attach to the risers when the painting is done.

10 Likes

I loooooove white staircases. :heart_eyes: Are you doing the tile front/face on all of them?

1 Like

Ooooh I love the tile with the stairs!

And doing things for yourself is very worth it yes

Yes on all of them.
When I moved in the stairs had worn, stained carpet that smelled like cat piss. I pulled it up and pulled out ten billion staples and sanded over the winter. Now that I can open windows again it is painting season.

White stairs suck for keeping clean but are better than cat piss carpet.

Yes, tile on every riser.

7 Likes

I spent all of 5 minutes googling a problem with my freezer that has been “broken” for a full year and (probably) fixed it. facepalm

13 Likes

I hosted 40 people (35 adults + 5 small children) at my house for Easter and everyone enjoyed themselves.

ETA: and my DH who normally disappears for a time during these events didn’t disappear and leave me to host on my own at all!! Not even once!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

I brewed iced tea and put mint in it and it tastes like childhood :heart:

4 Likes

My tiny weekend victory:
I have what seems like a never ending list of really small things that need done at my house, I call it my ‘shit list’… because it is all just really stupid small tedious shit that will save me $50-70, but… there are a lot of those, so there is money to be saved.

Spray painted my These Things:
Before ( this one actually looked OK, a lot of them are rusty and nasty)

After ( different room, but you get the idea)

14 Likes

I succeeded in not breaking into my Cabury MiniEgg stash until Easter! I had “eggs” for breakfast.

(Tiny complaint was the tiny tummyache that followed.)

8 Likes

I slept 8 hours for the first time since getting my fitbit and tracking it! Pregnancy insomnia is rough.

8 Likes

I booked flights for my kids and I to go on vacation. Before it was just an idea. Now we have to go.

10 Likes

IT’S MY LAST DAY OF WORK!

18 Likes

You win!

1 Like

I am at the DMV and it is not sucking.

YESSSSSS

7 Likes

HOORAY!

I went to the gym all by myself, without telling anyone in advance, without anyone there to nag me into trying harder, and actually ran (well, ‘ran’ because I’m slow AF) for three different 90 second intervals and actually kept a good pace for all three intervals instead of slowing down over time.

And now I’m eating delicious pasta leftovers.

6 Likes

Same! I tell myself if it’s really hard it’s running, even if I’m only going 4 miles per hour.

2 Likes

My older kid has the day off school. This is how he’s spending it:

Younger kid had his eyes checked at school and apparently needs glasses. Because I live in the hood these glasses are free. He chose neon pink frames.

14 Likes