Tiny Victories

Needed new shorts, they were on sale and I got a $15 off coupon so I got another shirt too. $68 of stuff for only $35!

Also I got gas and it was very satisfying to see the screen at the end.

5 Likes

Nice zeroes!

1 Like

I made breakfast-for-dinner this evening, which I’ve been saying I’m going to do for nearly a week. Sausage, cheesy eggs, and hash brown potatoes.

5 Likes

I made breakfast for dinner too!

2 Likes

I made the right call to see the dr today, and now I have The Power Of Modern Medicine in the form of a prenatal vitamin I can sprinkle on peanut butter toast, and antibiotics for my sinus infection.

6 Likes

Ordered myself 2 new pairs of shoes for summer since I don’t really have any

3 Likes

I survived the volunteer thing! I actually talked to a person (well, they started talking first… which is kind of how it has to be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

4 Likes

I got my free birthday pastry from Panera without buying anything else! (Not my birthday today …)

3 Likes

I pointed out someone’s sexism on the internet, and instead of fighting, he acknowledged that I had a good point!

7 Likes

I planted a bunch of seeds in starter pots today! Excited to see what grows!

5 Likes

I do not have mono

12 Likes

I clipped the crazy long toenails on OldManDog. He is a good fellow, and let’s me clip at least a few of his nails in one sitting without a big fuss.

3 Likes

I took an amazingly deep nap. Puppy allowed it. This is wonderful, after sleeping less than 5 hours last night.

7 Likes

This.

9 Likes

I had free pizza at work today (is this a trend?).

3 Likes

Baby held perfectly still today while I clipped her nails too. There must have been something in the water.

5 Likes

Hahaha! Good for her! OldManDog didn’t hold perfectly still, but he didn’t resist. I should clip more nails tomorrow

1 Like

Neighbours brought over a chocolate bunny for Ewok. Now it’s my chocolate bunny!

8 Likes

I didn’t want to walk to the store for the ingredients I’d need to make my normal ramen recipe. So we decided to kinda wing a new recipe. My first attempt at dashi went really well, and the whole thing turned out great! First time we’ve done pork ribs in ramen, and it turned out so incredibly tender. Love my instant pot.

5 Likes

Oh lordy. We have now had three sets of neighbours drop off chocolate for Ewok… Including one who brought a large JAR of solid mini eggs! He’s not even two yet… He might get one solid mini egg today, if he’s lucky.

The victory is that Mr H and I are getting a lot of free chocolate.

10 Likes