Tiny Victories

It’s because of a presentation I did this morning on the Thrift Savings Plan (federal 401k equivalent).

A friend of mine runs a group that meets monthly and one of the members had asked if he could talk about the TSP. I volunteered to do it since group leader doesn’t have any experience with it (not a fed) and I have given this presentation to other groups. So most of the way through my talk, in the section about withdrawal options, a guy speaks up and says “You’ve just convinced me to retire!” He reaches minimum retirement age (56 for him) in a few months and had been unsure about whether he could actually make retirement work at this time.

We talked in more detail later, and he seems like he is going to do it!

11 Likes

That’s awesome!!!

1 Like

I made homemade mozzarella!

7 Likes

I hung out with office mate for 8 hours – lunch, then moved to a coffee shop, then went out to dinner. I feel like we really bonded more and I convinced her to read Fed Up because it was exceedingly relevant to our conversation.

Now I am home and happily being an introverted lump with a beer and a journal ready to do some introspecting.

4 Likes

I shaved AND washed my hair AND clipped my nails this evening. Usually it’s a “pick one” situation. #selfcarewin

8 Likes

Not unusually a pick none situation for me… Am I gross?

2 Likes

Hahaha I meant if I do any at all . “Just soap on the stinky bits” is the other choice :joy: so no judgement here!

1 Like

Thanks all!! I’m so happy and excited!

also @CalBal, how do you make mozzarella??

We made it to swimming lessons and a family playdate with cousins today - by sensibly accepting and asking for help in getting there (I was too tired to drive safely).

2 Likes

I MAY BE BACK ON A NORMAL SLEEP SCHEDULE. I’ve been going to bed between 11:30PM - 3AM since I got back from Japan a few weeks ago, and as of last night I finally got to sleep at my normal 9:30 and woke up at 6AM. Finally! Let’s hope it sticks.

5 Likes

My tiny daily goals are: 1) Making the bed, 2) Getting some exercise, 3) Reading something that is NOT social media, 4) Basic grooming, 5) Human contact.

2 Likes

I legit only did #5 yesterday.

1 Like

You read tax things.

2 Likes

Swallowed my unreasonable pride and borrowed wasp spray from neighbor for wasp problem in my fence posts. Returned the spray to her this afternoon and did not spontaneously burst into flames from being a “weak person” and asking for help. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Oh yeah. Look at me, doing 2 out of 5!

1 Like

@Aladdin I used the Cultures for Health recipe. This time I used the “easy” 30 minute recipe (which is not cultured), and it turns out ok (it’s actually pretty good to shred for pizza) but the longer cultured version has better flavor (and isn’t really that much harder but takes more time (“waiting” time)).

30 minute recipe:

https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/recipe/cheese-recipes/30-minute-mozzarella-cheese/

cultured recipe:

https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/recipe/cheese-recipes/traditional-mozzarella-cheese/

My x-MIL finally got back to me with dates for her summer visit so I can plan vacations. I am planning vacations!

1. a few days in montreal with Elle.
  2. several days in Cancun with my kids. It will be insanely hot (July) but we can just stay in the water most of the time. I would rather skip this leg of the trip but the kids really want it, and I like them.
  3. Several days in Mexico City. I want to see places and do things and I can drag the kids around with me.

All in all I will be away from home for almost three weeks. Yay!

12 Likes

Today I 1. got some gentle exercise 2. made food and 3. did a social!
Next up is art/writing.
Is it possible I’ll hit the magic 4-in one day that has been prophesied? WE’LL FIND OUT.

4 Likes

There should be a name for this - bowling has a turkey, hockey has a hat trick…

3 Likes

I did 1 and 3. Does instant pudding count as making food? Probably not.

4 Likes