Tiny Victories

I quit my job!

19 Likes

That does not sound tiny, but it does sound like a victory!

1 Like

My shower cap was dead, so I opened one of the ones I took from the free piles at the fancy spa. It Also had a free, good quality hair tie inside! I should have grabbed MORE

10 Likes

Recharacterized my 2018 IRA contributions today (to simplify 401k rollover and Roth conversions later), and the call only took like 10 minutes. AMAZING. Every interaction I have had with Vanguard on the phone has been pleasant and efficient (and I hate to phone calls). A+ to Vanguard.

6 Likes

I got a massage today. It was so cool to feel the person iron out my knots with her hands. Now most of my back doesn’t hurt, and I’m moisturized all over!

I see why people do this regularly.

15 Likes

Reporting in that I have completed the taxes, I have paid the damn taxes, and, despite the temptation i reported in the tiny complaints topic, I did not start drinking before nine in the morning. I did, however, dye a purple stripe into my hair- tax time makes for a nice long color development period.

5 Likes

Made it to the further away LLL meeting and it was so much nicer than my local one. Also made it to the grocery store.

5 Likes

I am so glad to hear you’ve joined the hair party. Also that taxes are done.

3 Likes

My house is fixed and my petition to continue insurance was accepted.

Phew

4 Likes

I submitted and paid my taxes. Yay?

5 Likes

Yay for no failure to file or pay penalties! :hearts:

1 Like

Ponder got his tax stuff together and sent it to our accountant! Only 2 months after me and slightly late (our tax season is offset by 6 months and with an accountant, I think stuff is supposed to be done by 31st March…)

1 Like

I also just sent out my taxes! I did them in January (ugh) but since I have no printer I just sat on them for forever, because printing out forms was a pain in the ass.

(I have an HSA which means it’s hard to find a service that will let me file online for free, and also I don’t trust most of the online services tbh, they have historically effed some crap up)

Congratulations Aladdin!!

That’s not a tiny victory at all, that’s AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Yeah, get out here! Making me feel bad that my victory of the day is brushing and flossing my teeth before noon. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I THINK WE NEED TO START A GIANT VICTORY THREAD!

11 Likes

I have a solar consultation on Monday and I’m SO excited!

6 Likes

I convinced someone to retire today.

16 Likes

Do tell :slight_smile: