Tiny Complaints

A client texted me last night because she locked herself out of the house (I have a key).
I only live six blocks away. But I was in bed (8pm, she was just getting home).
I tried hard to ignore it because… BOUNDARIES.
But then I laid there and thought about how she’s a single mom who lives alone (with partial custody of her kids), she has a joint disorder, who had to work until freaking 8pm and the dog is locked inside the house.
I showed up 15 minutes later in full pajamas with my key (which didn’t get her in, but hey I tried).

It absolutely felt like the right thing to do, and I like doing the right thing, but I also like going to bed at 8. No wait, I love going to bed at 8. Couldn’t fall asleep properly once I got home. :zzz:

10 Likes

You could have her/ whoever come to you if something like it happens again- might be less disruptive to your sleep if you only have to go to the door and hand over a key.

1 Like

I was up until 2 because of pain then at 4 the dog vomited then at 5 the smaller kid wanted attention. I am so tired, and I can’t go back to bed for a few hours because foster kid is here.

7 Likes

NAPS FOR ALL.
NAPS NAPS NAPS (chants)

• Thanks to jet lag ™ I have been up and awake since 4AM.
5 Likes

I skipped a bunch of comments in the Tiny Victories thread due to not checking the forum all weekend, and the forum search is failing me so I can’t find the origin of “Tony Victor.”

5 Likes

Here.

Just a typo, then everyone else ran with it gleefully.

1 Like

Thank you, this is delightful. (I love that one of the Australians immediately Australianizes it into “Tonno.”)

4 Likes

I had to my civic duty after a certain Canadian formalised it.

4 Likes

As is my right and my privilege, ma’am.

3 Likes

GUYS IT GOT WORSE

A part of me very much says “fuck it we’re moving to Florida”.

Another part says “we’re adding a sunroom and a green house to our house after we pay off all our debts.”

A third part is just crying.

12 Likes

Damn. We need a “hate” button in addition to the love one just for snow in May. Not okay.

4 Likes

Holy shitttttt.

2 Likes

I know right? My poor outdoor plants… :sob::cold_face::seedling::coffin:

2 Likes

Ugh. I love CO from June-October, and then some parts of Winter…you know, the normal parts like January/February when you expect snow to be on the ground. But I HATE Spring. I’m never wearing the correct clothing, I’m either too hot or too cold, and then oh crap, it snowed again? Too bad I just got the snow tires taken off my car because it was May 15th and I figured it was actually not Winter anymore :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

OMG, Greyweld, I would consider that a HUGE complaint. I would be apoplectic. I’m crabby enough that it’s 48 and raining here in late MAY, FFS. If I saw snow today I think I would finally pull the trigger and flee for California, job or no job.

4 Likes

I changed my phone number a while ago. Just realized that I didn’t update it with Vanguard. Now, I cannot get into Vanguard because they keep texting a security code to my old number. So I decided to email customer service - nope, you can’t do that unless you’re logged in. And I can’t log in without the code from a phone number I no longer have. ARGH. I am going to have to MAKE A PHONE CALL. Nooooooooooo

5 Likes

It rained in LA on Sunday. And snowed in the mountains. Not a personal complaint, just that our “perfect” climate is going wonky, too.

(I hate LA weather from August through November, hence quotes.)

Sick. Sore throat, snot, cough, fever, lots of whining.

ETA ears hurt.

3 Likes

I haven’t eaten any sweets or junk food snacks today and it feels like MONTHS since I’ve had a treat! MONTHS!
[dramatically flung arm over my face] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

GASP.
My sympathies, that’s the worst.