Tiny Complaints

Yeeeeesssesssss

That’s just like the one I have and I love it.

3 Likes

Why do SO MANY of the people I work with ask me to change something, and then like a month later say “Hm, why does this document have this information? That’s wrong, we should take it out” about the section THEY ASKED ME TO ADD???!?!!?!?!?!

ETA - Obviously I still need to do a lot of work on learning to communicate my needs and frustrations to my supervisors and coworkers. But for now I’m just gonna yell here so it doesn’t all fester inside, haha.

Additional ETA - stealing this from @JanetJackson and the meme thread

18 Likes

I send them back the email they sent originally, but I am petty

8 Likes

It’s mostly through annotations within our document system, which is such a good system that it erases annotations on documents after the new version of the document has been approved, so I have no proof :sob:

I’ve been reminded way too often lately that all of my work on being less passive aggressive and people-pleasing is…very much not done yet.

8 Likes

Solidarity buddy, solidarity.

Today during a work meeting someone brought up a portfolio I developed like 7 months ago and our new boss was like “wait, this is fantastic, why didn’t we execute on this?!”
And then several long painful seconds passed with everyone kind of acting busy and finally new boss unmuted and was like “JJ why are you making that face? I know you aren’t saying anything out loud, but you’re saying a lot with your face right now.”
Oops.
It’s exhausting having your own team/company sink great opportunities for truly no reason.
New boss is figuring out that this is part of the “culture” and it ain’t cool.

13 Likes

I have a burn on my finger and the band-aid fell off so I decided to let it air out for a bit. While it was airing out my hand slipped and my other thumbnail cut the burned skin. :sob:

11 Likes

Related TC - I have many, many posts in this thread :sweat_smile: I should probably start my own journal solely to complain about things and tell stories about my kids, lol.

8 Likes

I made a blatant typo in each of my emails to two different doctors today to ask about shadowing them. One I made twice and it was the person’s last name! Where is my brain :sob: I’m so embarrassed

12 Likes

I just went through a six interview process that included several hours of homework for a company that just sent me an email this morning letting me know they won’t be making an offer at this time.
Multiple times throughout the multiple interview process they mentioned what a great fit I am for the particular role I was interviewing for.

Rude.

14 Likes

We are out of mayo so I used blue cheese dressing to make my tuna salad sandwich.

It is not good.

10 Likes

Do you include pickles with your tuna salad? My gaming group is currently very divided which is funny considering one character is a deli owner providing sandwiches for an event our characters are all at.

3 Likes

I’m not into pickles so I don’t use them, but I put them in sandwiches for other people.
Pickles and tuna and blue cheese does not sound like an improvement.

5 Likes

how it is 9:19 pm and i’m feeling ready for bed?

5 Likes

Sweet pickle relish? Or dill pickle?

At what point did you realize it was a bad idea? Cuz I’d like to think for it would’ve been the moment I cought a whiff of blue cheese and tuna at the same time.
Lol

3 Likes

As I was mashing everything together and it was too late to stop I began to have questions.

I ate the whole thing. It did not spark joy.

5 Likes

It looks like it’s going to be a lovely overcast rainy day and instead of going back to bed in cozy pajamas I have to work. Boo! And at one point I had considered taking this Friday off but decided against it. Opportunity missed.

4 Likes

Wow, you’re a champ!

Agree. When my radio went off this morning I pulled out my phone. I’ve now responded to a bunch of work emails in bed and really don’t want to get up and go in. But I can’t work from bed all day. :frowning:

6 Likes

My manager just misspelled my name in respond to the post celebrating my 1 year anniversary. My name shows up twice in the post above hers.

:unamused:

17 Likes