Tiny Complaints

The HVAC guy is here to test our AC and furnace and this involved running each of them for 15-20 minutes. So he had to turn on the heat, in the middle of a heat wave :tired_face:

2 Likes

Fucking Florida. The event isn’t even supposed to happen till September so it really says something that they’re doing the cancellations now. I know it must have a long lead up in terms of planning, but fuck.

Edit: an anti-trans bill was signed yesterday so I’m sure that’s related.

12 Likes

Fucking hell.

2 Likes

I just realized that my upcoming physical therapy appointment is at the same time as my biweekly mental therapy appointment so now I have to cancel one of them. And it’s not easy to get an appointment with my physical therapist.

9 Likes

Jesus christ.

1 Like

Have diagnosed myself with a boil on my ass

8 Likes

Ow

2 Likes

Blender’s burning blender’s burning, throw out the soup sludge smoothie throw out the smoothie come cry and email the company

12 Likes

Weirdly placed seat heater switches. New car has them, but they’re tucked up against the parking brake, and apparently I hit the driver’s side one the last time I drove somewhere. I spent 20 minutes sitting in the parking lot of the DMV at lunch today trying to figure out if I was somehow sick or if it was safe to go in because damned if I could tell why I was feeling so overheated when the windows were down and it was 60F and I’d felt fine when I’d left the house. And then when I went digging for my mask in the glove compartment I noticed the tiny stupid orange light.

ETA–also a general complaint about the DMV

9 Likes

I love my department at work and kinda wanna strangle one of the departments we work with a lot.

Also we are at Wizard’s parents’ place right now (in town for a wedding) and their new dog is very territorial in a way I don’t like. They’re working with her actively on it, but I still really don’t like getting growled at.

5 Likes

:frowning: air quality in my town

8 Likes

Noooooooooo

1 Like

I attempted to make popcorn from kernel yesterday and very very dramatically burnt it three times before completely giving up.

I had to open all of the windows and the back door and bring two fans into the kitchen and even this evening the house still smells yucky/smoky.

I am such a bad cook and I also have zero interest in cooking. I just wanted popcorn! :sob:
^ related tiny victory: I went to the store today and bought microwavable popcorn in a bag :joy:

10 Likes

Oh my gosh. What’s causing that?

2 Likes

Wildfires in Canada, apparently? Early for fire season!

1 Like

Did you use a popcorn maker or just try it on a pot?

I consider myself a decent cook and I burned popcorn when I tried to do it in a pot. I make popcorn all the time but I stick to the actual popcorn maker machine after that stinky lesson.

3 Likes

You can pop regular popcorn in a paper lunch sack in the microwave.

3 Likes

In a pot :confused:

1 Like

I just googled this. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

It’s the only way we make popcorn around here.

5 Likes