Tiny Complaints

Learning stuff like this makes me so relieved I’m from a poor west coast family lol. Any wedding that isn’t a pot luck in a cow field is borderline uncomfortably fancy for me :joy:

3 Likes

Fuck, I had better start hand embroidering some napkins or calligraphing some leather tags. (How in fuck does one even calligraph a leather tag? Do they mean hand embossing it or writing on leather in ink because that’d be weird.)

4 Likes

I’m guessing you are supposed to buy custom ones on etsy

There are some ones I’ve seen to sew onto hand knits to make them fancy, and i admit I have admired and considered purchasing

2 Likes

I asked for funny sewing labels for Christmas!

BAD pumpkin pie from the grocery store. Yuck. I am not even going to finish this slice. Everywhere else is either sold out or wants 40 bucks for a pie.

3 Likes

I told DH to disable the smoke detector before seasoning his new wok and what did I just hear going off

13 Likes

I still get media invites to stuff sometimes and I got one for something really cool. :frowning: Bums me out. I don’t usually think about how I lost my career because I feel like I’ve mostly accepted it, but damn.

15 Likes

I take a large number of photographs with my cell phone and make physical photo albums with 4x6 prints. A format not supported by my phone. So I have to crop 100’s of photos before I print them.

4 Likes

as a youtuber, can you accept?

2 Likes

Gotta delete some memes, my phones almost full

8 Likes

If I were able bodied enough to attend I’d still have a career. But also no that wouldn’t qualify me and it would cost a huge amount of money even if I lied my way in.

6 Likes

arriving at the yarn shop at 3:24 after a 4 hour amble to discover they close at 3pm today (yes, it was on their website, but I figured I didn’t need to check since we were aiming to be there before 4pm)

4 Likes

Calling the hospital to schedule some imaging and it says I’m the 322th person in the queue :flushed:

I scheduled a callback but would not be surprised if it doesn’t happen today… I would really like everything to be scheduled before the end of the year for insurance reasons.

5 Likes

I ordered two items online yesterday and did it incorrectly. Apparently you need to select store pick up or home shipping on each item, and I didn’t notice that. Store pick up is the default, so I’m now getting one shipped and one is at the store ready to pick up. An hour away. :rofl: I can cancel the store pick up one, but then I’ll be paying more for the one item than I wanted to. And if I still want the first one, I either have to pay for shipping again, or pay about the same for gas to drive there. I emailed them, but don’t have much hope for getting it changed. That’s my stupid tax I guess!

6 Likes

Oh no, I’d try to call customer service and see if they’re able to help you out!

1 Like

I’ve been growing my hair back out from very very short (buzzed on sides, 3” long on top max). My hair is a little past jaw length in the front now. To grow it out it means we haven’t been layering. My hair is wavy/curly. This phase of hair length is best described as “triangular”. It’s not a good look :joy: 5 more weeks until the next hair cut and it should be long enough to introduce some light layers then :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

6 Likes

Ah. Yes. This. Basically this.

1 Like

I’ve been visiting my parents for the past week. On Wednesday, we went to visit my brother to spend the night and have Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Well, my sister-in-law tested positive for Covid-19 that night, unbeknownst to us. We left early the next morning and all tested negative that day.

However, both my parents tested positive yesterday (Saturday), so we decided to stay another week in case they need any help.

I’m so tired of the sound of the TV. My father insists on having it on all day long. And he wants to hear it. And he makes sure he does. Never mind that the rest of us get caught in the crossfire. For a man who “likes quiet”, he sure likes a lot of noise.

I think what I don’t like about TV noise, is that it’s a non-stop attempt to grab your attention. The TV is too needy for my taste.

12 Likes

Wow, I never thought about it that way but this really is true. At least in terms of the constant cable news+commercials my mom/in-laws watch compared to watching ad-free streaming service like I prefer, or even PBS Kids where there’s limited ads at the beginning of the show but they’re not desperately trying to grab my eyeballs.

8 Likes