Tiny Complaints

And do you (or kiddo) switch them?

1 Like

this martha stewart article is the worst. wtf is a metallic tree collar? would it have killed them to include any pictures of what they were talking about? i expect more from martha!!

also i’m pretty sure her advice would have been the same 20 years ago. she loves those boring ass beige and white trees :face_vomiting:

whereas i have a nativity that i got in a thrift store, that someone made by painting and gluing tiny figurines to a piece of styrofoam packaging. suck on that, martha’s useless listicle writer!

(also, i used to work at time inc during the heyday of magazines and it breaks my heart to see what meredith has done with so many previously gorgeous mags.)

10 Likes

I haven’t even gotten to those trends, so I’m safe. My theme is “Christmas stuff.”

On a related note, my Nursery Theme was “baby stuff”.

8 Likes

:joy: Latte’s crib when we brought her home was next to the shelf where we kept SirB’s respirators, camera gear, and tyvec. She didn’t get a bedroom until she was 1. It didn’t have art in it until she was 2. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Yeah, one day I’ll do white and the next day do colors. Kiddo will switch quickly like he’s at a rave. The decorations are mostly white and silver so they reflect whatever the lights are doing.

5 Likes

So, SirB makes fun of me (lovingly) for me Christmas decor tastes. One because I’m “secretly an old lady”.(see above discussion. Also I like ribbon candy and weathers originals) Two, because of the ornaments. So. We inherited a ton of ornaments from my parents from my childhood trees. When SirB and I had our first house, I had an abundance of choices for what to put up. I put up whatever I gravitated toward. Sparkly pine cones. Crystal icicles. Feathered birds. He came in and died laughing. “You decorated the tree like it’s a tree. This is painfully literal”. ….fair point. No wonder it seemed like they fit :joy:

12 Likes

That sounds beautiful to me! But I’m also admittedly an Old Lady when it comes to decor.

3 Likes

You are beating us! MIL even gave us art and it just, uh, hasnt gotten put up. Maybe before Duckling is 10?

4 Likes

Day 2, looking at booking a hotel for the night we’re going into town for the ballet, and one of the really nice ones has a pool. Did I put in and take out a swimsuit 3 times during packing? Yes. And which choice did I go with? I’m sure you have figured it out by now.

Other TC is that my laptop has decided to die at 66% now

4 Likes

The original green power ranger Jason David Frank, is dead at the age of 49. Dammit we’ve lost Batman and the Green Ranger in the same fucking month. Is this kick 90’s kids in the teeth month or some shit?

8 Likes

Foggy glasses weather :triumph:

5 Likes

What do we count as art? His cousins’ drawings that were put up in our room near the crib? The jurassic park poster we got him for his birthday?

4 Likes

Ok fair we put some wall stickers up. Nothing else is on the walls.

:joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Then there’s my house - “We currently have XYZ in the fridge for drinks. Y’all know where the cups are.” Or if there’s someone new I will actually help them navigate the kitchen.

3 Likes

Wait do they mean like a different menu for each person?!

1 Like

Like a printed paper menu with each person’s name on it, not a completely different food menu.

2 Likes

Oh right. I need to go to bed. But still. Have never even had an actual written menu!

2 Likes

I’ve had one at weddings, never at family holiday dinners.

2 Likes

Because you’re doing it wrong according to Martha! (I’ve never done anything on her list.)

5 Likes