Tiny Complaints

Text her right now

7 Likes

Do it! My life is busy enough that if I was only friends with people I saw more often than every six months I’d have four friends. And that’s on a technicality of friends I play online D&D with weekly, I don’t actually see them in person. Six months is fine.

4 Likes

I would reach out and use a trigger event type excuse- “I noticed the XYZ art festival is next weekend and it reminded me of you! Would you like to grab lunch and go check it out?” Type thing. But mainly because I’m very anxious about “cold call” type reestablishing contact, I feel like I need an excuse haha.

4 Likes

I did it!

11 Likes

Ha. I told her I suck at keeping in touch. The truth hurts!

ETA she immediately texted back that she has been thinking she’s the terrible one. We’re going to have lunch on Saturday. :grin:

23 Likes

Yay!

3 Likes

We have covid. Yay toddler has few symptoms, mostly whining and covid poop.

Timy complaint. I could do woth him having a bit of lethargy

20 Likes

It definitely feels like dating and I hated dating. But also I need adults besides my husband to talk to so I’ve been putting the effort in to make friends in our newish town. It’s exhausting.

6 Likes

Amazon needs to have a category for items to get if you’re $2 short for free shipping. Suggest candy and frivolous items so I don’t have to try and think of things I like when I’m tired and just want to make my order.

10 Likes

https://sfiller.com/ and http://filleritem.com/

6 Likes

I finished rereading The Past Graduate yesterday and yet my library loan for Golden Enclaves hasn’t come in yet. Why does the universe not revolve around my exact reading habits?

8 Likes

I put a hold on The Golden Enclaves at the library like 2 months before the book was released, and I’m still hold 6 of 18 on 4 copies. :frowning:

Oh no, now that I look at the hold page, all 4 copies say “1 copy ordered for…”. Maybe they don’t even have it yet!

3 Likes

I’m 22nd in line :weary: 9 copies. Estimating 5 more weeks.

1 Like

I’m currently 8th in line. They assume 2 weeks. Apparently it was so popular they acquired 4 more copies. Good job library!

3 Likes

Loretta Lynn is dead. Fuck you universe.

8 Likes

nOOOOOOOOO :wilted_flower::wilted_flower::wilted_flower:

1 Like

These last few years have not been kind to my old school country faves. First Joe Diffie, now Loretta Lynn.

2 Likes

She lived a long, amazing, fierce life :broken_heart: what an honor to be on the planet at the same time as her!

3 Likes

Hell yes

1 Like

My cat’s stomach has been off since we got back from the wedding on Monday, and of course our regular vet is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays and I have a Very Important Thing on Thursday. I’m grateful she’s not sick enough to need the kitty ER (knock on wood), but I wish she could be seen by our regular vet sooner.

6 Likes