Tiny Complaints

I have a duo style single cup machine (I forget what brand, it’s old) because I really only drink one cup in the morning, and I’m the only one in my house that drinks it. I use grounds 99% of the time, but I do appreciate the K cup feature for certain seasonal flavors that only get sold as K cups (did you know the TJ pumpkin coffee in the K cups is different and WAY better than the TJ pumpkin coffee in the canister?).

The K cups are definitely worse than the grounds, though. If I use them more than once or twice a week it clogs the machine and I have to descale with vinegar. At least it’s not fancy enough to have any kind of descale cycle for it to get stuck in. I just brew a cup of vinegar like any cup of coffee lol.

Tbh sometimes if I don’t want to risk it clogging I just rip open the K cup and dump the grounds in like I’m making a regular cup.

2 Likes

I want to take a nap. There’s many reasons why I cannot take a nap right now. Hmph.

3 Likes

Dh did clean up the giant mess, but it was 6 am and he wasn’t very happy about it and it delayed the arrival of my morning coffee, which is tragic.

We have 5 coffee drinkers in this house and thus drink vast amounts of coffee. But - people have different schedules and sometimes someone gets up after all the coffee in the pot is gone.

Also, some people like fancier coffee - they are free to buy their own k cups. I bought the coffee pot, but I’m not buying those k cups.

I personally drink exactly one cup of coffee/day, at 6 am, and if I were on my own I’d just make a pour over using the Melitta cone I bought 50 years ago.

5 Likes

Our wonderful, privately owned, 28 year old daycare has been bought by Kid City USA, “where kids can ‘bee’ kids”. We have to buy branded polo shirts for our kid to wear :frowning: She loves to pick out her own clothes, and I feel like even this one change might be a disaster, lol.

I’m willing to give them a try, but I’m really sad about this whole situation.

8 Likes

I’m bummed because I have a free Saturday night in Toronto and no one is available to do stuff.

4 Likes

I am not free, but when? Want a fun solo idea?

1 Like

Every time I cough, my left hip hurts. I don’t really think I’m going to be able to stretch the hip out the way I’d like to until after I give birth. So that’s cool!

7 Likes

Probably not. But worth a chat to a pelvic floor physio anyway?

3 Likes

This weekend. I decided I’m going to go see Singing in the Rain on Saturday and the Shark is Broken on Sunday on my own. I’m done feeling sorry for myself. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m still always up for suggestions, as I will be staying right downtown! I think I am just annoyed because I feel like I am always asking people to do stuff and everyone says no or they already have plans. For example, I asked one friend to come to a concert with me and she said no, and then when she saw pictures she was like oh I totally would have went if I knew it was like that and that I knew the music. I’m just taking it personally and need to get over it. And I will stop asking people.

6 Likes

Yeah maybe. Who knows when I’d be able to get in to see one though. Love you, America!!

3 Likes

Better to book in now even if its after baby is due then (6 weeks after to line up with your OB stuff is a good time!)

4 Likes

I just found out it is nuit blanche saturday night to sunday- so you will see so many cool things and I have huge FOMO.

3 Likes

I dreamt my cat was sick :frowning:

10 Likes

My favorite coffee company is located in Cape Coral, FL and they have hurricane damage and no power.

Related, I’m out of coffee.

5 Likes

Saw the ad for the new movie “Spoiler Alert” with Jim Parsons and started crying because it was so, so sweet. Stupid feelings.

2 Likes

One sweatshirt has a hole, the other is getting a bald patch :weary: I wear one of these every day. Now I need to drop like $40-70 per to replace them. I don’t wanna. But I gotta.

7 Likes

I don’t want to MAKE friends, I just want to HAVE friends.

19 Likes

Just @ me why don’t you? :rofl:

8 Likes

An idea I came across years ago is that it can take multiple interactions for a friendship for form (friend-dating basically) and that sounds like a lot of work.

8 Likes

I had a very nice client at work around the beginning of the year. Like, I even told my mom I was excited to be making a new friend, We went to dinner twice, and then… not again. I’m so bad at following up! Should I text her now, after probably 6 months or is that too long?

10 Likes