Tiny Complaints

Whut!? You’re still married? No one saw that coming.

Joking aside, it’s an interesting idea, and could be a lot of fun.

5 Likes

I do think it’s a fun idea in theory, but I am a fellow Midwesterner and my family doesn’t talk about our feelings, so it feels awkward to write one for my brother, haha.

7 Likes

Feelings? No place for indulging in FEELINGS.

I hate trying to think of even one line to write in someone’s card. This is a whole expository writing project!

3 Likes

Make a bunch of ridiculous predictions about what you think will be happening in five years? Similar in vibe to The Onion maybe. (aka just look through the archives of The Onion and see if anything seems interesting.)

4 Likes

I can’t hear my meetings over the sound of the window units and I’m sweating because I had to turn them off.

4 Likes

I am waffling between “hope you’re still married!!” and talking about my own marriage that currently happens to be 5 years old. Neither seems particularly appropriate haha.

Anyway I’ve been told it’s a fake time capsule that won’t actually be sealed ahead of time, so I have another week to spin my wheels.

4 Likes

“In 5 years, I predict we will STILL be a midwestern family unable to openly discuss our feelings. That being said, you’re a decent brother, I guess, usually, most of the time. Happy marriage” :joy:

13 Likes

nailed it

4 Likes

the way this captures my feelings EXACTLY :joy:

6 Likes

Can you tell I have brothers? :joy:

6 Likes

My hair has gotten to the length where it is actively protesting that I continue to force it to grow, by breaking off constantly. I want long hair soooo badly but my hair feels otherwise :sob:

7 Likes

Ok, even my tropical plant self will admit that 96 degrees on the autumnal equinox is unpleasant.

6 Likes

I know we should never try to time the market, but I get annoyed (like now) when the shares I waited to purchase go down by 5 cents less than what I purchased them for. Why do I beat myself up over a dollar? It will go up, take a breathe C! Geez!

10 Likes

A comical amount of construction noises coming from next door and Not Small chips of…maybe brick, maybe stone?? Flying at my office window periodically

5 Likes

This is so worrisome I took a video for my landlord because I’m nervous the window or screen are going to be damaged. It’s one of the only windows on this side of the house that’s set parallel to next door instead of at an angle, so that makes it even more likely to get a scratch or shatter due to debris. Yikes yikes yikes

6 Likes

Not tiny but like, what do you do those times the world seems like too much? I know, stop looking at the news. Then what?

6 Likes

I mean, two of those three were probably headlines last fall too (flu yes, stock market maybe depending on the week) and we got through that okay.

7 Likes

Focus on things I have control of, lose myself in fantasy of book or movie or tv.

4 Likes
  1. I ate a bunch of grapes at lunch and now I have stinky gas

2. I have a pimple behind my ear

3. I thought I was going to be able to leave work early but I’m not, and after work I have a funeral visitation to go to that’s an hour drive away. I don’t feel like I need to go for myself, but I know that the person’s sister would really appreciate lots of people showing up, so I’m going. And when I thought I was going to be able to leave work early I made plans to go for a run on a trail near the funeral home after I went to the visitation and then meet up with a friend for dinner. But now it will be too dark to run. And I was hoping that my friend would just suggest canceling when I said I wouldn’t be available until later but she didn’t and now I’d feel like a jerk if I backed out just because I wanted to go home and watch TV with my cat.

9 Likes

In order

1. Buy index funds while stuff is on sale
  2. Get a flu shot
  3. text my Russian friends on signal that are of conscription age and ask how they are doing
  4. buy silly clothes because I deserve some goddamn whimsy
  5. Wear those clothes on a bike ride to a backyard to see friends
9 Likes