Tiny Complaints

Bought “caramelised” white chocolate instead of normal, flavoured with vanilla white chocolate. It does not taste of caramel, just sorta burnt? Will be going back to the normal stuff.

3 Likes

TV: I love fighter practice

TC: I don’t love bruises on the point of my shoulder, fuckin owwwwww

5 Likes

I am so very tired of explaining and re-explaining, over and over again, the concept of variable ability level. To the exact same medical professionals. Over. And over. And over. And fielding the same questions. Over. And over. And over.

I do not understand why it is so impossible to grasp this very basic concept which applies to almost all disabilities. It’s almost like there is a willful and purposeful disbelief at play. Meanwhile my friend is being investigated and was privately surveilled according to the latest letter she got from the government to see if she is still disabled enough to get money. They literally told her she’d been followed and had photos taken that they will, in all their able wisdom, “assess” to see if they think she seems disabled enough. She is missing her entire left leg and her torso was ripped in half up to her middle ribs when she was hit by an 18-wheeler. But she can carry a bag of groceries! And she gets coffee at a cafe in the mornings. So she might not be disabled. Naturally they cannot secretly surveil her in her apartment where all the struggle happens.

It’s fucking exhausting.

23 Likes

what the fucking fuck

I’m super sorry for your friend going through this, and it’s beyond ridiculous that folks (especially medical professionals) can’t seem to grasp the simple concept of “some days are better than others.”

13 Likes

Thanks <3 she’s actually my second friend to have this happen. The other was deemed not really disabled even though she uses a walker and had a stroke and currently has cancer. But to be fair, there are pictures of her standing on a beach. And she can sometimes walk her dog a whole two blocks!

ETA: Thanks for the gripe space all. It really does help a bit.

16 Likes

Seems like you should be giving some highly expensive training sessions to the medical profession @AllHat (i.e., people value what they have to pay for, and trust “experts”).

3 Likes

I tripped over an open cabinet door in ochem lab, and gave myself whiplash.

8 Likes

this murder mystery set in a science fiction convention which I remembered as a fun light read has so much fat phobia and fan hatred I cannot keep it on my shelves. I don’t even think it can go to the little library, I think it’s for the recycling.

12 Likes

LMAO! If I were able bodied enough to have a career again I definitely wouldn’t waste it talking at people who won’t listen to anyone without a PhD. And no way would they find it valuable enough to pay me, lol. They don’t think there’s a problem now and are insulted by the implication that there is.

I also already do stuff for free for disability programs pretty frequently, like a consultant would. There’s never money in it because no one can ever “afford” to pay me. This is a very common experience. I know a lot of unpaid disabled consultants, lol. They see it more like they are doing us a favor by asking us to help out, and like, including us at all? People most certainly don’t see us as experts worthy of high pay. And if we were seen as worthy of high pay we would cease being seen as disabled. You can’t be valuable and disabled at the same time! Silly.

9 Likes

This is where my tax dollars go??? What in the ever living…I’m so mad.

8 Likes

That’s horrible.

2 Likes

When my Teams status is red and says In a Meeting that means DO NOT CALL ME REPEATEDLY OVER AND OVER OH MY GOOOOOOD

9 Likes

I’m entirely unsurprised and know it has happened here. Yes, this is where some tax dollars go and its fucking pointless. Don’t tax the rich but my god make sure the person on a disability pension or benefits or whatever isnt rorting the system!

I do not give a fuck about some grifters if people are getting what they need.

My complaint is that im starving and want potato curry but it is 1AM and im being cuddled by a toddler

Ok my toddler cuddle is pretty nice

6 Likes

Took our some chips. Removed the bag clip. Threw it in the trash. :woozy_face: like, it’s fine. I took it back out, it was on a wrapper in a new trash bag so it didn’t get messy. But what TF is going on with the brain there??

10 Likes

I’ve never had truffle anything and I got truffle chips and they aren’t good, but I don’t know if I don’t like truffle or they’re just bad chips.

8 Likes

Had four fillings on both sides of my mouth this afternoon, and now the feeling’s coming back. Ow.

Oh and I may still have to have a root canal in one.

10 Likes

Yikes! No “safe” side. Try alternating acetaminophen and ibuprofen for pain relief (if you tolerate each of them). And ice packs helped me a lot.

2 Likes

May try ice, thanks. Heat helps some. And yes to all the otc drugs. It’ll be better tomorrow, and will all be over.

4 Likes

Well, hopefully over.

4 Likes

I have to write a letter to my little brother and my sister in law for a wedding time capsule they’re going to open in 5 years. I have no idea what I’m going to say.

4 Likes