Tiny Complaints

SUCH side-eye at the email that just rolled up in my inbox like it’s not three fucking thirty in the afternoon. I was in my groove with other stuff and you’re just going to slide in all casual like? No. Dammit.

(This TC brought to you by my work buddy being on vacation today.)

8 Likes

TC about booking camp sites, as with everything, every website ever is like:

Tent Camping: $25

ADA Tent Camping: $50

I’m not even kidding- it’s literally double.

15 Likes

You should have thought about choosing to be disabled before budgeting for life.
Duh.
/Sarcasm

11 Likes

I’m unsurprised and unimpressed anyway.

5 Likes

What is an ADA tent camping site? No stairs? (Seriously, I’ve never seen that.)

3 Likes

@Cranky They usually have them when the other camping requires hiking to get to the site. The ADA site is drive-up.

@oro plz respect my chosen lifestyle

13 Likes

Ahhh. None of the state parks we’ve camped at have had set ups like that. I thought maybe you got to be closer to the bathroom!

3 Likes

Maybe they’re not common everywhere? They seem to be pretty common in our state though! Not even just state parks have them even little independent sites often do too.

4 Likes

I know there are dispersed sites, but those are not for me - I did all the backpacking I ever want to do long ago. I am all about backing into my campsite and putting up the tent. Also not being too far from the bathroom and dishwashing station. LOL

1 Like

A lot of campgrounds (not dispersed, developed campgrounds) have “walk in sites” where you park at a lot and carry/cart your stuff in, some times as little as like 5 yards sometimes as much as half a mile. They have bathrooms and stuff though. And then there’s pull in sites (car is adjacent to spot) and trailer/RV class sites.

ETA and I’ve also seen hike/bike sites which are for long distance hikers and bike riders, very small sites on trails at campgrounds.

3 Likes

Holy fucking hell I would raise shit.

Our accessible sites are covered under these rules too, except you obviously need to have a mobility related disability to book them. They are often premium sites. Here they are close to the accessible washrooms with accessible paths nearby

10 Likes

Tried to make mint tea with an unmarked bag from the cabinet, thought mmmm this mint tea tastes even better than normal, started feeling nauseous because the reason it tasted so good was that it was green tea.

6 Likes

I made baked oatmeal and forgot the sugar. I may possibly have added too much salt? It tastes like there’s too much salt and not just an absence of sugar, as judged by adding honey over top of it this morning. Oh and it has diced peaches in it but you can’t tell because salt.

I batch cooked it so this is what I’ll be eating for … quite a while.

9 Likes

Can you make another batch that is…too sweet lol and mix them???

2 Likes

peanut butter? cheese (feta or cheddar)?

3 Likes

Someone made a bunch of fraudulent charges on one of my credit cards. Ok, reported fraud, card is supposed to arrive in a couple days. New fraudulent charges appear BEFORE I RECEIVE MY NEW CARD. How??

9 Likes

Very suspicious :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s actually on the new card? When I had to replace my Chase card for fraud, they said that they would roll expected charges over. It’s possible that those came from the old card and they just didn’t catch them?

3 Likes

Yeah I think that’s it - I belatedly realized the initial fraudulent transaction was set to recurring, so since the account is still open it kept rolling on through. Card is locked now for the moment until it all gets sorted.

Sidenote: who the hell sets a daily recurring purchase for $112 of gelato :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

Wow that is some RICH SCAMMER LIFE

5 Likes