Tiny Complaints

Thank god we haven’t had a sonic boom yet, just vroom whoosh.

4 Likes

I was laying in bed studying, and I felt something crawling on my leg and there was a BIG brown spider…on my leg…in my bed. :sob: :sob: :sob: Luckily I was able to catch him and throw him outside but now I want to burn everything down

13 Likes

Sorry you have to move :cry:

14 Likes

I forgot what this was a reply to, and scrolled up, and now I’m wheezing. Thank you.

7 Likes

This is exactly how I felt when I found a huge black widow in my bathroom the first night I slept in my new house! Thankfully I’m staying at my friend’s in CO right now, so at least I don’t have to live here forever haha

11 Likes

It’s 11:10 pm, I live in a condo with close neighbors, and my brain wants me to grab my flute and play loud obnoxious music RIGHT NOW. After I haven’t played flute for like 6 months at least. Brain y u do this :joy::sweat_smile: :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

I was tricked into waking up at 4:30.

7 Likes

Oh man, one thing I do not miss about Chicago.

1 Like

The Blue Angels…they’re coming

4 Likes

Duck and cover!

2 Likes

Me ten minutes ago: This is a simple email, I don’t need to bother Bob to proof read this.
reads the whole thing again just to be sure
sends email
Coworker a few minutes later: Is this supposed to say the 20th or the 30th?
Me: DAMMIT

15 Likes

I haven’t had a decent sleep in weeks and it’s hitting me hard today. I have to be functional for an expensive, non refundable fun event this evening

At the same time, I have to have the new house insured by Tuesday morning. I had everything lined up but now the insurance company won’t take my calls or answer my emails. I’ve been on hold for several hours. The hold music isn’t the kind I can nap to.

14 Likes

At least 10 college campuses in the metro Denver/Boulder area are closed because of security threats (some received direct threats, others weren’t threatened directly but closed because it’s apparently going around). WTF is wrong with people???

8 Likes

I finally asked my builder where I am for the porch materials he has paid for. Ouch. I’ve already paid for a lot of materials myself and I gave him cash for most of what his labor will be. I did add some things that we hadn’t figured in my initial “back of the envelope” guess, so I’m choosing to be fine with it. I have the money, I just had a number in my head of what I wanted to spend. With large projects I always pay the bill then decide it was free and never think about it again but it’s still a little painful and I don’t have a final cost yet.

12 Likes

After a couple blissful weeks of my child sleeping until around 6:30am (one day even 7:30!) she’s now back to waking up before 5:30am every day :weary:

9 Likes

Kiddo made a large cardboard box into a rocketship weeks ago and it’s just been taking up space for the last month. He was busy playing a video game in the other room so I was trying to finally break it down to put into recycling but he popped out and saw me so now it’s going to continue taking up room for who knows how long because I don’t have it in me to fight about the stupid box he forgot he had.

So close! So damn close to getting rid of it. Sigh.

11 Likes

Rocket ships belong outside!
(Where they might get rained on and anyways aren’t in your way)

6 Likes

Weather forecasts are completely false here. “Storms from noon to 3” might mean exactly that OR they might mean “storms at 10 am and the rest of the day is clear” or “sunny all day until you log off of work, then downpour” or “NO RAIN FOR YOU, now all your plants are shriveled up since you didn’t water them due to downpour in forecast.”

We are learning to roll with it and I am super glad I am not doing outside art shows here - but it does make it challenging to plan sometimes.

6 Likes

You can never guess where a pop-up will pop up. It’s not the meteorology; it’s the heat and humidity. :wink:

2 Likes

Complaint: plain old russet potatoes are nearly a dollar a pound. In a 5-pound bag, that is; they’re more individually.

11 Likes