Tiny Complaints

Big complaint. I absolutely cannot lead a ride in 103 degree weather.

11 Likes

Looks like yoga is getting rained out again.

Also, something in my apartment is making a noise that sounds like a really really quiet Teams notification. It is not my or Boyfriend’s Teams. It is not the smoke alarms. WTF.

Also, I am getting frustrated at work by learned helplessness and also asking someone to provide x but instead I get y. I feel like I am somehow not speaking English.

6 Likes

…wut :scream:

17 Likes

:scream: how can that even be possible?!?!!!??!

What’s the humidity reading?

53%

Although now it says 93 with a feels like of 103.

3 Likes

Eeek. It hasn’t gotten quite as hot here based on the weather stations closest to me, but I wonder how accurate they are. The ones nearest me are in more established neighborhoods with big trees. We used to be cow pasture and have basically zero canopy.

4 Likes

Softball team just got knocked out of the ‘playoffs’ mostly thanks to a very bad umpire. It’s rec league so none of us (mostly none of us) take it too seriously, but it’s still kind of an annoying way to end the season.

8 Likes

My macbook continues on its path toward a slow plodding death. It was free and is old so it’s not unexpected but it’s making me crabby. I should probably run diagnostics on it, maybe it’s fixable.

Additionally, I cannot stay out on the front porch and listen to birdsong and sip coffee, I have to go inside and listen to stupid MEETINGS. Rude.

5 Likes

Only slept 2 hours because I stayed up late reading. Whoops.

13 Likes

Blah. Didn’t wash the cutting board well enough after dinner, so the breakfast strawberries were very garlicky :nauseated_face:

13 Likes

What were you reading? It must be so good!

5 Likes

While hugging my husband, somehow a piece of my hair got stuck in his tooth and ripped out said hair out. Ouch and gross.

14 Likes

My husband’s dad is such a monumental piece of shit it’s hard to wrap my mind around the fact that they have any shared dna at all. He sent him an atrocious email this morning :frowning: which is the shit cherry on top of his already being an abandoning judgmental drunk chronic victim loser. DH is taking it like a champ but I know he’s upset and hurt and I wish I could just meet my FIL in person one time and decimate him, just before thanking him for avoiding my DH his entire life and thus enabling him to become a stellar man who he’d be lucky to even look in the eye once.

22 Likes

May you have this chance at some point :pray: or may he cease to be an emotional disturbance for your DH, however that happens.

7 Likes

Thanks <3 I’m less ragey now, lol. I just had to get it out!!!

10 Likes

Sometimes I wish life was a movie and we had the opportunity to yell at partners’ shitty parents just once. You made a great kid, act like it!

8 Likes

Right?! I get so much angrier on behalf of him than on behalf of myself. Like I can deal with my insane parents, lol, but DON’T YOU DO THAT TO MY MAN. I just go full Loretta Lynn.

10 Likes

Time to take that motherfucker to fist city.

9 Likes

<3 You get it. As I knew you would.

4 Likes