Tiny Complaints

Can you do the childish thing I remember doing and say “prove it” over and over again until she gives up?

4 Likes

She’s 8. I like her most of the time, but sometimes I need a lot of space.

I tried to convince her that Sprocket is an Ethiopian Furry Lizard.

3 Likes

I wonder why she doesn’t believe you about the satellites.

5 Likes

It’s a mystery!

I have to get out of bed and wake up my household at 7AM instead of letting them sleep in and get to work late because I agreed to give a short guest lecture today.

Update: he seems to be doing much better today; it was a two walks in the woods day, and there was enthusiastic bouncing when I wasn’t fast enough about getting to the walk after I got home from work. There may be more nighttime drugs all the time - I’m guessing he slept better. Of course, the warm weather doesn’t hurt.

Tiny complaint: the vet has confirmed there is no need to continue him on the heartworm medication he hates. On the plus side: happier dog. Downside: our time together is getting short.

5 Likes

Sending hugs, rural.

1 Like

So many hugs. Dogs are the most wonderful creatures on earth and no matter how long we get with them it’s never long enough. Glad you were able to get some good walks in today

1 Like

I told loud husband to shut up. Husband did not shut up. Husband woke baby. Husband is now dealing with the consequences of his choices.

This might actually belong in the tiny victory thread.

9 Likes

Not sure of the whole story, but sadly it sounds like we are doggy hosoice twins - boo.

I have just discovered that this forum counts number of visits. I tend to do lots of short visits as my forum use, so… I’m going to look like even more of an addict than I really am.

8 Likes

Boo indeed. Sorry about your baby. Mine’s a 12-year-old giant breed with a mass on his spleen. As long as he’s happy and not hurting, we will continue as we are.

1 Like

Damn. Mine is a 12-13 yo small terrier (currently 14 lbs) with nasal cancer. It’s been almost exactly 11 months since the diagnosis. It’s a waiting game. Still happy, not hurting as far as we can tell.

3 Likes

That’s too soon to lose a little dog, sorry. We’re luckier in some ways. We’ve already had at least two bonus years with ours; Danes are supposed to live ~7-9 years. He’s 160 pounds. :slight_smile:

I’m practicing appreciating every day with him.

3 Likes

All pets die too soon :sleepy:
Staying in the moment is tough, but the best I can do to not project to end days.

1 Like

My right hand keeps cramping up/feeling sore and arthritic. This is not ideal for… well pretty much any of my work or hobbies.

Also I want to buy Thai food for like, the third day straight but I think they’ll look at me funny.

3 Likes

Time to try out a new Thai place?

1 Like

Either that or just tell them that I spilled beer all over my rice yesterday and need to make up for it.

I feel like I’ve tried all the thai places in the area. The one I go to is one of my two favorites, and somewhat significantly closer.

I probably should just stop eating out, but I don’t wanna…

1 Like

Would this be a good time to try making e.g. chicken satay and coconut rice at home?

Hm, yeah, it probably would.

In fact, I think I already have coconut milk, curry paste, and tofu in my house…

2 Likes

I have to send some proof or letter that I am still eligible for my low income health insurance, or they will dis-enroll me.

As of today, I am eligible for my health insurance. I am about to take a job that will make me ineligible - again. Once I start that position, I’ll have 60 days to shift to other health insurance.

It would behoove me to use the care I currently have - including $0 copay medication refill and free dental cleaning - as long as I can before shifting.

My complaint is: sending the eligibility correspondence; making phone calls related to care.

1 Like