Tiny Complaints

I had a lovely party with my wonderful family, but now I have to tidy up.

4 Likes

A single student has dropped my summer class, and this pushes me over a payment “cliff” and will cost me $900.

4 Likes

Split peas got mixed in with the oats so my oatmeal has hard little green nuggets in it. :frowning:

5 Likes

The fleas are attempting to take over (again). I’ve treated all the critters and washed all the bedding. I think they ride in from outside and have a party while dying from critters’ treatments because there aren’t very many and none of the animals have them, but they love my socks best of all things.

1 Like

Smacky’s tiny complaint is so funny and made me laugh enough to think it counts as a tony victor.

2 Likes

I don’t like the curried tuna salad I ad libbed without a recipe this morning very much. It was good for brunch stuffed into a tomato shell, but this evening, having had all day to develop in flavor, it’s very very very very curried.

2 Likes

Freckles mocks my pain.
giphy
Never do it again!

7 Likes

Poor Smacky, You know if I could come over and pick the hard green things out of your oatmeal I would. :heart:

4 Likes

My son convinced me to exercise with him and now I feel like throwing up.

5 Likes

A work colleague who tries too hard to make events happen and then actively excludes you if you don’t play by his rules. Today is his third ‘International Lunch’ day. Great…just let me put aside the time and effort to cook an entire meal for 8 people that reflects my basically non-existent caucasian cuisine. Don’t worry that we’re barely keeping ourselves and baby fed at home. I stopped at the shops on the way to work (time and effort) to buy a packet of Tim Tams (delicious Australian cusine) to share.

Co-worker said I wasn’t able to attend because I didn’t cook. I told him he could go fuck himself.

Other issues with ‘International Lunch’ day - if 8 people cook for 8 people you end up with 64 serves of food. There is no planning or distribution of courses. 90% of the office is caucasian middle aged men. I’m happy to participate at the level I can (you know due to full time work, infant, a life outside of the office) but don’t be an f-wit and organise lunches to force people to be your friend.
/rant.

I’ll be over in the corner eating my own entire packet of Tim Tams.

12 Likes

I brought leftover spaghetti and meatballs to eat at work…and a spoon. And there is no cutlery in the student kitchen at the university where I’m working.

5 Likes

I feel like the voting slip complaint is a lot bigger than tiny…

1 Like

@Ms_Terror the huge complaint was that people voted for them.

Tony Victor. Not having to deal with the asshat while you eat them.

6 Likes

Yes. True. Ugh.

1 Like

Ew, to co-worker.
Well done, to you. For telling him to fuck himself and for eating delicious cookies.

When I have been a single parent/ student then a single parent/ student /employee then disabled person I have consistently shown up at potlucks with a pineapple. Everyone likes fresh pineapple and there is always already more food than anyone needs. It’s become a running joke. If your co-worker invites me to a thing I will come with a pineapple, and when he doesn’t like it we can watch him shove it up his ass.

7 Likes

Dry, with no lube. Cause that little bitch doesn’t deserve it.

2 Likes

Condo was re-roofed a week or so ago, and the roofers knocked a ripped off piece of tile and a nail down my solar tube. Discovered this morning that I+ladder am about six inches too short to open it up and clean it out as I’d planned.

3 Likes

Complaint: a flying piece of debris gashed right though a sidewall on a tire as we were going down the road tonight.

Victory: we had a good spare, a jack, a tire iron, and a headlamp (was getting dark) to change it, and we have the money to replace it without any concern.

2 Likes

I had to fill out a section of paperwork about cultural and religious activities we do at home for Ewok’s daycare last week… Um. We’re atheists. We’re white as. Mr H grew up overseas, but has transferred zero cultural activities here unless you count eating fish and chips.

5 Likes

I eat a lot of paprika. Does that count as a cultural activity, since I’m part Hungarian? I feel it should, although my ancestors did not eat it on kumara and yams like I do…

2 Likes