Tiny Complaints

Oh great, ANOTHER WIND STORM. (I am so tired of this wind. It makes me feel like I might as well still live in the desert.)

I try to buy more environmentally friendly dish soap. I ran out and was at a smaller grocer. I got the Mrs. Meyer’s Lemon Verbena dish soap. I love citrusy smells. I hate this - it’s too “soapy” smelling. It’s not a light, fresh citrus smell - it’s an old lady soap smell. Bah! It was expensive too (for dish soap).

1 Like

I love Mrs Meyers but I only like the scents that are not fruity or floral. So, like, basil, radish, rhubarb… They are expensive, but these ones smell better (to me) than “regular” dish soap. (Maybe you can return it and get a different one?)

1 Like

The only other choice at this store was lavender- that’s a hard no for me. I’m using it. I’ll get soap at a different store with more brand options. Usually no dish soap at Costco (though they have Dawn on promo now - but that massacres my hands).

2 Likes

You can also cut Mrs Myers with an unscented soap by half and still have a really strong level of smell!

1 Like

Do you have any recommended unscented soaps? Would liquid castile soap work? (Now I am thinking…)

1 Like

I’ve used seventh generation free and clear.

1 Like

I was using EcoVer grapefruit scent. I am more used to the smell now. It does want to kind of linger on the dishes, even with extensive rinsing. But I think I notice it (or imagine it) because I don’t like it.

I spilled something on the couch (which is not mine, roommates) and tried to clean it. It cleaned up, but left hard water stains around the area that I cleaned. They are really nice about stuff like this but I feel terrible because I try so hard to keep their stuff perfect. They are coming into town tonight and I am dreading telling them about it :tired_face:

2 Likes

What is the couch made of? You might be able to get rid of the ring (distilled water? Re-wet and more blotting? Blow dry? Dry more slowly?)

Thanks for the suggestions. I did already try the distilled water/vinegar/blow dry combo, which did help…you can just tell that it’s not quite right. And the spot I cleaned is way cleaner than the rest of the couch, so it’s super obvious. The couch is this weird ribbed cloth stuff, and it’s tan with blue/white threads running through it, so it gets pretty grimy anyway (they let the dog on the couch, so they aren’t super concerned about it) …I’m just hoping the spot I cleaned will just get grimy like the rest of the couch soon enough and won’t be as noticeable.

1 Like

The only reasonable solution is to stop doing dishes.

3 Likes

Some dyes are pH sensitive, so be careful with vinegar

perhaps try a silicone/dimethicone makeup primer? I use one on my face and it’s super slippy feeling, I’ve used a little bit of it where an uncomfortable bra part was scratching me and it helped… but maybe not so cost effective if you’re using it on a larger area ($12 for just over 1/2 oz) https://www.palladiobeauty.com/collections/face-primer-online/products/foundation-primer

Do fire stations still let you drop babies off? Third night of not sleeping from sick baby.

8 Likes

Thigh chafe update (I know you were all SO worried): hippy deodorant on the inner thigh works great! Walked 5 miles in warm weather in a dress :raised_hands:

8 Likes

I totally wear thigh deodorant every time I wear a dress. I thought that’s just what you do? But I have never had a thigh gap of any kind.

1 Like

Gold standard in chafe prevention. Cannot recommend highly enough.

3 Likes

It’s still in the 40s here.

I find it impossible to keep up with this forum.

Mid-cycle spotting on the Pill that’s supposed to make me have a period only every 3 months, WUT. This has never happened to me before in my life. I feel like my uterus is giving me a big fat middle finger.

2 Likes

Boobs/Armpits: agree

Thighs, Vulva: disagree

:stuck_out_tongue: https://www.uberlube.com

Dunno why my vulva thinks she’s so special but damn she’s picky about her anti-chafing substrates. Thighs too. Bodyglide has sadly been relegated to the side boob in this house, haha.

ETA – I had the uberlube website open in another tab and didn’t really pay attention but wowwwwww I love their slo mo people in skin graphics :heart_eyes:

@TrisPrior that’s no fun!! I had to increase the estrogen in mine for that reason (was on continuous/no period ever) but eventually had to go off entirely due to BP/age and it suuuuucks – I sympathize!

1 Like