I’m just trying to be a funny person and that never works. A potato gun is an air gun that pops out high speed potatoes to do crime with. 
A friend of mine has three lovely grown-up children. She is quite proud of them, and of her work raising them. But she says her one regret is none of them is gay.
That sounds so fun! But I would be upset about the wasted potatoes. Can you eat them after?
I don’t require actual homosexuality. Just as much weirdness as their little hearts can muster. So far they are actually awesome.
Daisy was up, being sick, from 4-6 am. Now she is very tired and I hate her so much. Bad Daisy.
Everyone seems to like the book “chicka chicka boom boom” but I just cannot read it with the right rhythm. It feels like the structure and pacing is all over the place. I am annoyed by my inability to read a kids book.
The real trick with that book is to wait until the child can speak. Then, after you say Chicka Chicka, the child says boom boom. Rhythm doesn’t matter when you have all that cute going on.
ETA Works even better with a whole room full of 3-year-olds.
It’s not you. It’s the book. Get rid of it. Life is too short for bad board books, even if other people love them.
Kiddo is juuuust starting to learn to read but he hasn’t caught on yet that I’ve changed some of his books either to be easier to read (“they hang their towels up on the wall” because the flow is better) or because of subtle gender stuff (why are there no female monsters in this book? Well there are now!) It helps that I do all the bedtime reading so Mr. Meer does not need to keep up to date on all my “adjustments” 
It’s so reassuring to hear this. So many people recommended it to me. She loves rhythmic books, and this was one of the top recommendations. But it would fail the fuck out of a writing class. What is your syllable structure doing? You’re getting pretty fast and loose with the slant rhymes there my friend…
I may be picky. This is also a distinct possibility.
Be picky! There’s a crapton of board books out there.
Unintentional win, I had separated out a bunch of books we got for free/cheap intending to donate them … and now they’re in rotation because holy shit I’m desperate for new reading material for Kiddo and the libraries only recently reopened (and we’re still leery of doing library pick up if we don’t absolutely have to).
My allergies are bonkers and I have the worst post nasal drip today and also I’m sweating.
Taking time off from work without being able to travel feels weird. Like, I would love to take a solid week off, but what am I going to do for 9 days?
Hobbies. Going through an entire computer game. Binge watching a TV series. Naps. Building a thing. Reading. That thing in the house you’ve been meaning to fix for a year. Planting a thing.
Greyweld’s got it.
Also, I can attest. It’s kinda great.
I’m more with brute. A staycation to me isn’t a vacation, it’s time off work to do chores and stuff. I don’t even have a job and I still need a vacation. I need to spend time in a place that isn’t here, that isn’t surrounded by my normal life.
It might be a personality thing. I would 100% rather spend a week off at home than a week off elsewhere. I’ll admit I have a small meltdown every time we have a vacation where we travel somewhere else. Just being not at home stresses me out. I’m a big homebody.
Sleep. Read books that aren’t for anything but entertainment. Go outside a lot. Spend some of the money you aren’t spending on travel on stocking up on easy/ convenience food you like and on treats. Put on pants for the first time at 4 pm if that’s what you feel like.
ETA and turn off your phone.
SAME. There’s always the niggling feeling of having to put away laundry or I really should wash the windows or clean out my closet with a staycation.
I have to rent a truck. I traded in my dying junker for a smaller, better car one job too soon.
My delayed plant and soil delivery order from the garden center is now not happening at all because of staffing issues and “crop failure.” 
My options are, store credit to come pick from what they do have, when they open in a week. Keep waiting until they’re able to deliver. Or, full refund plus a $10 gift certificate.
I want to support this garden center, it’s run by the woman who launched my community garden org - but, the one that’s like 4 blocks from me has since reopened and it’d be way, way easier to haul bags of soil home from there (and that is also a small family run business). I can easily do that in my cart, I have done that before. So I think I am going to go with the full refund, and tell them to keep the gift certificate because I don’t want to hurt their business further. This isn’t their fault, they’re only in their second year of business. This is really going to hurt them. Sucks all around.
Or, hm, maybe I could donate the gift card to my garden org, which usually dedicates a row of beds to grow produce for the food pantry and thus needs to buy plants.
ETA: It is really impossible for me to get to this place on foot; the whole point was to get the contact free delivery. I had a PLAN, you guys. Oh well.
I recognize that this sounds ungrateful, but people won’t stop donating books to the library.
We are closed. We don’t need donations right now. We don’t have people working to go through them. I don’t like touching gross donations in the best of times. I have asked people not to give us donations every way I can think of. Still, they come in through the book drop. People leave them by the doors. Stop with your 30 year old books from the basement I swear we don’t want them! STAAAAHP.