Tiny Complaints

Ummm because your hobby is Herculean feats of strength over and over and your “side hustle” is a low and slow calorie torcher? Not sure if you meant that rhetorically, but lean into those calories lady, you burn em to the ground!

7 Likes

My complaint: I am sick. I had to get up so I wouldn’t keep husband awake, who is traveling for work today. Have a guest so I couldn’t sleep on our futon. was awake for hours on the couch before dozing off. My Fitbit is lovely. 3hr12m sleep for the first wedge, 1hr3m for the second wedge.

Gonna try going back to sleep now that husband is up and off to work, but I’m worried the dog will get me up. We’ll see I guess.

This is not a recommended course of action for recovering from a cold :unamused:

ETA: Tiny victory edit, dog let me get a couple more hours of sleep!

4 Likes

Yeah, I know I need them, but they’re expensive! :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

She kept going until about 8am and then passed the hell out. We’re on a bus headed to a plane, so this is a tiny victory. If she rediscovers her energy once we board the plane, it will be back to a tiny complaint. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Sending sleepy calm vibes to the tiny crustacean! :lobster:

1 Like

The lady at the Veterinary Oncology center was not super receptive to the off-hand jokes and deprecating humor I was using while I paid for the $1400 bill by four different payment methods.
I mean, I don’t WANT to pay like this lady, I’m sorry.

She’s literally the only person in that building I don’t like, and I have to deal with her every time when I go to check out.
I’ll do it all again in 6 months (maybe sooner, waiting on a sample to come back)

4 Likes

Let the vet know, someone like that could be driving business away.

Are you willing to pay the next bill in change? THAT pisses them iff (and May be illegal in some places) - but a stack of one dollar bills and about 50 quarters …

I feel you on the vet bills, I think that’s my highest expense this year.

4 Likes

I owe 8500 in taxes, and have to juggle that through the bank

1 Like

Oh man, fuck that person. That was completely uncalled for. I bet a lot of people do not have a spare 1400 lying around!

We got new “web security software” at work. GUESS which sites are now blocked? Yep, this one AND MMM. Sigh. my procrastination efforts are really gonna suffer now!

6 Likes

I’m exhausted past the point of coffee, sore, my feet and ankles looked like they’ve been attacked by a cheese grater, and I’m having to be chipper on live radio.

1 Like

Weird question, but can you PM me the security error? Sometimes I can figure out how to get the site unblocked.

2 Likes

I think this is one of those “let’s weed out the people who are using the Internet for not work-related purposes” efforts so I’m a little paranoid to do that. Thanks though!

2 Likes

Well, it lets me in on my phone via wifi, so, shrug?

THANK GOD I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO DO ACTUAL WORK TODAY :wink:

6 Likes

I am procrastinating HARD on packing for this trip. I even had dreams about how my procrastinating would be bad. Ugh.

3 Likes

I should be gardening. Specifically planting the pussy Willow I bought. But I can’t decide where to put it so I’m doing nothing.

I am made of allergies and also got up at 4 am to make my lovely fiance breakfast before he goes on his work trip and now I don’t think I can go back to sleep.

1 Like

I get free lunch again today (!)
But it won’t arrive until 2PM.
:sob:

3 Likes

I am attempting to apply for new jobs, in a new city (yay!) but I hate hate hate hate hate writing cover letters. I am not a writer, especially about myself and my skills, and this keeps me from applying to SO many jobs. Honestly it’s mostly laziness, but I am also just not very good at it.

6 Likes

I am a good and fairly experienced writer and I feel the same way about cover letters. Solidarity.

Also happy to help you workshop a cover letter if you’d like.

1 Like

My dog can climb ladders. At first it seemed like she could only climb up, as she had ascended to the attic of the shed and was complaining that she couldn’t get down. But then she somehow got down. Dogs aren’t supposed to be able to climb ladders.

I like her a lot, but she causes me many headaches.

11 Likes