Tiny Complaints

Apparently my allergies are gonna start a month and a half early this year.

Yay.

8 Likes

hand slipped as I was putting in the black pepper

6 Likes

How dare they!? It really sucks when you’ve been looking forward to a favorite

3 Likes

Yes thank you for understanding my suffering

1 Like

TC: I stopped at a fruit and vegetable market on my way home from work. The cashier gave me a 10% senior discount that is advertised as being for people 60 and older. I’m 48.

TV: cheaper groceries

20 Likes

That is awful! What were you looking forward to?

1 Like

At the ER with Mom and Dad. Dad’s been having abdominal pain for a few days and said ‘fuck it takes me to the hospital’. Been here two hours already.

18 Likes

Sending good healing thoughts! Hope it is something easily remedied and not something serious or something where they can’t give him an answer.

4 Likes

I hope it’s nothing serious and you will all be out of there soon.

Any sign your dad could have COVID? There are reports that some folks have been getting extreme GI symptoms.

3 Likes

They haven’t tested him for covid as far as I know. They did a cat scan earlier. Haven’t heard back about that yet.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s scary and stressful for all of you

Not helpful maybe

There was a whole bit by a comedian about going to the ER with horrible abdominal pain. There was a long build up, and then they get to the part of the exam where the doctor is palpating their abdomen “does this hurt?” “How about here?” and the doctor pushed a particular spot and the patient passes gas! Punchline - “so I paid $700 to fart in the emergency room”
I hope your dad’s issue is as simple and treatable

4 Likes

That’s basically what I did two weeks ago but there was no fart lol

1 Like

Home now. Dad has an inflamed colon from the diarrhea. They gave him an iv and now his pain is at a 2 instead of a 9. Waiting on results from the rectal swab his doctor did yesterday.

15 Likes

A crispy brussel sprout caesar salad that I have been literally dreaming about :sob: They replaced it with another brussel salad that wasn’t nearly as good

7 Likes

His Lordship had a bout of hemorrhagic gastritis - I am sure it was painful for him. He got to go to the puppy ER. The treatment did the trick, so hopefully your dad will also have fast relief and recovery.

3 Likes

Just got bitten again. Went to a Russian place mostly to get their cheese plate and they no longer have it

6 Likes

Hobby Lobby has Christmas things out.

4 Likes

Nope. Nope nope nope nope.

1 Like

I switched Marmalade to Google FI from Xfinity a day too late after the billing cycle ended. And then Google FI’s international coverage didn’t even work on his phone, which was the entire reason for switching! Even though it’s only a 4-year old phone apparently it needed to be one of the high-end ones to work internationally?!

I just got the Xfinity bill and had to pay $21 for the one day and 0.01GB of data that he used.

2 Likes

People who I thought were friends want me to stfu about a genocide.

A genocide being committed by my government.

By a president I helped get elected.

By senators I helped get elected.

A genocide that is being done under the lie of my safety as a Jewish person.

7 Likes