Tiny Complaints

The recommendations are SO outdated. I needed a colonoscopy at 31 due to some symptoms, and luckily the procedure was covered under insurance but apparently the prep was not under any circumstances for people below 45? I had to pay for it out of pocket and I was so annoyed. (I couldn’t use the over the counter alternative because it made me throw up when I needed to do a smaller scale prep for a prior surgery.)

Everything was clear, thank goodness, and we figured out the symptoms. But it was the most unpleasant use of $100 I’ve probably ever spent.

12 Likes

And she’s way younger than the recommended “start screening” age. That’s very tough news

SpoilerEd smartass remark

Maybe your mom can help her

3 Likes

Oh god. I’m so, so sorry for her and her family, that is some absolute utter bullshit.

4 Likes

Grown men throwing tantrums. Realistically probably most adults throwing tantrums, assuming there isn’t a mitigating factor, but I just came from a rec league (ie recreational league, and we aren’t exactly top of the line recreational players either) softball game in which the pitcher on the other team spent most of the game screaming at his own team, arguing (trying to argue) every call the umps made, pouting when said umps told him to either play or leave, and just generally being an asshole.

I’d tell him to get a hobby, but I’d really prefer that he gets a hobby that doesn’t intersect with mine.

17 Likes

Our property insurance is going up by 36%.

The $ value of the limits of liability for Dwelling Protection and Personal Property Protection went up by a total of 1.8%, and we’ve changed zero other things about our policy. WTF, mate?

9 Likes

{cries in Louisianan}

Yeahhhh, it’s skyrocketing everywhere. Thanks, climate change!

3 Likes

Yeah our home owners insurance more than doubled from last year to this year.

5 Likes

5 Likes

DH is working his summer Friday. Thanks crowdstrike

9 Likes

TC: I have a flat tire.

TV: I noticed it before I pulled out of my office parking lot so I’m not stranded anywhere. Plus, Dad is on his way with an air compressor to pump it up and drive it to a tire shop for me.

14 Likes

I know 2 songs on Weird Al’s new polka medley. Am officially old.

6 Likes

Several of my coworkers keep trying to…do work. Like the actual systems we work on are all linux so Microsoft outages are irrelevant in that respect, but unless you’re physically in a lab on a machine (which basically none of us are courtesy of consolidated datacenters and remote everything) they can only be accessed through Windows hosts, most of the security systems run through Windows hosts, bug tracking is through Windows hosts… If there was something critical going on I could understand the attempted heroics, but at this point it seems like anyone not IT should probably just go away for a while.

10 Likes

The tire can’t be fixed so I have to buy two new tires. There goes $400+

7 Likes

Poop

3 Likes

G’s work uses apple devices and Azure clouds and affected products do not impact his work

4 Likes

My friend wrote the second book in her fantasy series and it is so good that my life is consumed by reading.

Also a TV in the fact I haven’t read in like 2 months so it’s nice to be back into reading.

Back to the TC, I have other things to do……oh well!

11 Likes

Lol now it’s all four tires needing to be replaced. Fuck it. At least I ain’t gonna have to worry about uneven wear.

11 Likes

TC: you didn’t drop the name of the book or series or author.

5 Likes

I’m happy to share! Her books aren’t available at the library though!

The series is called “The Sixth Element” with two books so far (The Origin of the Sixth and Evolution of Fire) by Kim Melton!

6 Likes

My therapist is moving to Portugal.

11 Likes