Tiny Complaints

The kid put my pizza in the oven with the cardboard still under it.
The good news is that the house didn’t burn down. The bad news is that the pizza fused with the cardboard and didn’t cook so I have no dinner.

13 Likes

apparently the shadowy one was holding onto a can of a limited flavour pop a bit too long, and it slowly leaked all over the pantry shelf, some of which then soaked into the pressboard shelf itself.

Otoh, we’re planning on replacing those cabinets anyways, so I guess that is an upside, and it doesn’t seem to have soaked through my boxes of tea that were over to the side.

11 Likes

I don’t want Pinterest lunch box prep ideas, I just want ideas for what to pack my kid for camp that he’ll actually eat instead of being distracted by the other kids. Shark Quesadillas are not it.

9 Likes

For some reason I tried a King Arthur recipe. I have tried dozens over the years and they always come out poorly.

Why did I try again? I do not know

9 Likes

We got to use someone else’s laundry while traveling which was very nice but now at home our stuff still smells like their :hibiscus: :rose: scented detergent :rose: :hibiscus: even after going through our laundry. It’s tolerable and not worth running everything again but ick.

8 Likes

The tiniest of complaints: D brought me a blueberry cake donut, a cardamom roll, and a passionfruit turnover from the coffee shop. I can’t decide which to eat first.

14 Likes

You cant pick wrong!!

4 Likes

This is when I cut a chunk out of all of them.

2 Likes

Far more mature than my solution of eating all of them in an hour and a half or so.

6 Likes

I mean, I do sometimes cut a chunk out of all of them… then another chunk… and another…

8 Likes

Man, I want to support local but I just opened a hard seltzer from a local brewery and it is, like, COMPLETELY tasteless. I’ve had La Croix with more flavor. :frowning:

5 Likes

Nighttime dog vomit.

It’s 4 am. Get yourself together, dog.

8 Likes

(The TV though is that I have AC and it’s working)

10 Likes

Cramps

5 Likes

I’m trying to read the 2024 GOP platform. It’s sprinkled throughout with randomly capitalized words, and I can’t concentrate on the actual content.

ETA - I guess the capitalization isn’t random so much as unexpected, unnecessary, and mostly incorrect. Regardless, it’s still throwing me off.

7 Likes

Yo where are these open borders they are talking about? My friends have been on a visa wait-list for several years now and I’d love to tell them thats all gone.

12 Likes

It reads to me as if they’re trying to emulate 18th century prose with its capitalization tendencies, but they’re doing it Very Badly (lol).

My issue is I try to read it and then end up rage-quitting the document, so there’s that…like when I realized yesterday they want to rescind federal protections on public land so they can sell it to the highest bidder for industrial purposes (Chapter 16 of the project,p. 517-538)

not to mention, like, everything else that’s wrong with this document ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

10 Likes

Try it out loud like this:
These are Dark Times, there is no denying. Our World has perhaps faced no Greater Threat than it does today.

And then but something from a trans creator

9 Likes

The road on our normal walk route is being repaved, and I guess a chunk of tar must have flown up onto the sidewalk and Oliver stepped on it :unamused: then after I cleaned most of it off with oil+soap which was a huge ordeal, I was rinsing his paw in a bowl of warm water, and of course he knocked it over and flooded the floor with soapy, tar-y water :unamused: all before 7am and coffee :unamused:

12 Likes

My trick to get kindle books onto my Kobo has been disabled by Amazon. Fuck you, evil empire.

14 Likes