Tiny Complaints

Youtube just started an autoplay so things are gonna be tough to stop

7 Likes

I feel that. It will be a very long time before I can ever eat Five Guys again, even though they were not responsible for my norovirus.

5 Likes

And complaint #2 of the day, I rearranged my schedule so I could get in some lap swimming at the pool just up the bike path from my house when there are actually lap lanes available. Found out today that they’re closing for all of August and a good chunk of September for repairs/refurbishing.

4 Likes

I want to do my monthly finances, but my primary AmEx is not syncing to YNAB all of a sudden.

EDIT: I fixed it, but I had to completely redo the entire AmEx connection and then delete a ton of duplicate imports over the last month. It took half an hour.

5 Likes

That is not a tiny complaint!

I’m wondering if she knew someone else with the other spelling. I know someone named Sofia and now I default to that instead of Sophia. Maybe something like that.

But it’s still extremely irritating that your boss can’t get it right!

8 Likes

I would think that except the other spelling just…isn’t a name, haha. My last name is very rare and you would never hear it outside of Louisiana. I’m actually related to every single person who has my last name! I think it must just be too weird to remember how to spell for someone who has never heard it

12 Likes

I’m also related to every person with my last name except for like two of them!

9 Likes

Same here! How cool for all of us. My most distant relative with my maiden name is a first cousin.

9 Likes

My “dad story” was that ginger ale was made with real gingers, like me and my sister :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didn’t drink ginger ale until I was an adult because I thought it was cannibalism :rofl:

19 Likes

Hahahaha!!!

I have a very common last name. I actually personally know (or at least knew) three other people with the same first (nickname) and last name.

At least I’m hard to find online :laughing:

7 Likes

Amen :laughing: . I don’t have a particularly common (or uncommon) name, but anyone who searches for me online is going to get a lot of results for a very prolific spoken word poet, and I’m all for it.

6 Likes

I had a very unique last name at birth, then a very unique married last name. When I got to choose my own last name I picked one of the most common ones. A simple surname is so great.

5 Likes

One of the benefits of having a unique name is that it’s really easy to get an email address that’s just FirstnameLastname at whatever dot com!

9 Likes

There are two other people in Louisiana with my first name and last name and one of them got to the first.last e-mail address first! Such a bummer

9 Likes

Yes totally! I am firstinitiallastname everywhere. My cousin’s name starts with the same letter as my aunt’s and she still holds a grudge against her mom for just beating her to that Gmail address.

Also yes it’s hard to hide online because every single search result for my name (my first name is also not super common) is definitely about me but I kind of like not having to worry about people confusing me with anyone problematic that might come up in a search

7 Likes

There are two other people with my name. One is a person who works in marketing and runs 5ks, the other one might be a white supremacist (our last name is pronounced white man but spelled differently, she is FirstnameWhiteGirl on her social media and her Twitter was super maga-y the last time I looked), so that is great :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

My sister has an unusual (for a Chinese person) first name but there are still many of her, so many that someone made a Facebook group just for them :joy:

But the other one in her state is a convicted criminal!!

7 Likes

Now I’m just imagining that part of the Barbie movie where they’re all saying “Hi Barbie!” “Hi Barbie!”

9 Likes

Trying to get a bunch of minor chores done today, and discovered that the reason my doorbell isn’t working is because the transformer is shot. And to fix it I’d have to crawl across 2x4s and through attic insulation because putting the box somewhere useful like next to the electric panel or chime box would have been too efficient. So $13 for a new transformer and a headache to get it into place, or $18 for a wireless doorbell and capping a few wires. Evil empire, here I come…

12 Likes