Tiny Complaints

When I had a garden in Colorado, I grew the most beautiful oregano and when I went to pick it all it was literally infested with earwigs…they hadn’t even eaten it there were just…dozens of them under and around all of the leaves. I just let it die, haha, I couldn’t deal!

Thankfully I haven’t seen many in AZ, maybe too hot?

5 Likes

Well, I was solid neutral on earwigs and am still solid neutral but now I know some cool shit about them. Thanks all.

6 Likes

My friends dad told me a story about how one crawled in his ear and ate through his brain when I was 7

I have never recovered

Ps in case it’s unclear this is a “dad story” aka a big lie

16 Likes

I just remembered I agreed to go into the office tomorrow for a 9am meeting.

4 Likes

My Dad had a june bug fly into his ear when he was a kid and he said it was some of the worst pain he ever felt and he could feel it clawing at his eardrum.

When I was a kid I always covered my ears with my hands when I was outside and they were flying around. I did not want one of those fuckers clawing at my ear drums.

8 Likes

This reminds me of my dad’s “dad story” that if I stepped on the fuzzy caterpillars outside they would eat through the bottom of my foot, crawl into my circulation and be swimming around my body and eventually they would be swimming behind my eyes :eyes:

7 Likes

On day 2 of a migraine right on the heels of seizures. Not impressed brain and body.

Gambling by taking advil (safe) and gravol (can increase seizure risk).

15 Likes

I’m glad I never got any of those “dad stories”! Mine was just that if I ate a watermelon seed, a melon would grow in my stomach :joy:

7 Likes

I went through a period of wanting to sleep on the living room floor when I was like 4 or 5. To get me to sleep in my own bed again, Nanny told me that rats would know I was sleeping on the floor and they would chew through the walls to come in and bite my nose off. ‘That’s why people sleep in beds,’ she told me, ‘so the rats don’t chew our noses off.’ Y’all I slept in my own bed after that. I didn’t realize Nanny was full of shit until I was like ten.

13 Likes

This was an episode of The Magic Schoolbus or Rugrats. I cannot remember. But it was also a scary childhood myth of mine lol

3 Likes

Rugrats. That episode scared me off watermelon for years.

7 Likes

I left some frozen ground meet on the counter to thaw for what felt like an acceptable length of time, but forgot that it’s summer and 7 hrs was about 2 hrs too long. Sad.

11 Likes

leaned a ladder in the hallway at not a deep enough angle (or with the wrong side to the wall) and it fell over into the other wall and smushed the frame of a painting.

11 Likes

This is truly tiny, but my boss cannot spell my last name. I have worked for her for almost 5 years, and we’ve had multiple conversations (brought up by her!) about whether it’s a G or a Q in my last name, and she still continues to use a Q. It doesn’t even grammatically make sense or sound right if you say my last name out loud! It’s truly bizarre. She sets up accounts for me using the Q, which always throws me off because I have to remember a username that isn’t my actual name. Today she did it again in an e-mail and I was just like…literally you see my name in multiple chats in Teams, in every e-mail I send, literally 50+ times a day. It’s just not that hard!

18 Likes

that’s not tiny at all! Ugh! Getting people’s names right is really important

4 Likes

Any chance she has dyslexia or other neuro thing going on?

2 Likes

Possible but I doubt it. She has impeccable spelling and grammar otherwise, and I have two other coworkers with similar names where you might mix up a Q and G but she never misspells them. I think she thought it was a Q at one point, and now it’s stuck in her brain and she forgets every time

5 Likes

5 Likes

The vast majority of the people I’m working with right now are outside of the US, so while my local coworkers are starting to sneak away in preparation for a 4-day weekend, almost everyone I interact directly with is doing their job and being efficient and such.

9 Likes

The last thing I ate before getting a stomach bug was the frozen pizza I usually have on hand for nights I don’t feel like cooking. But now even though it wasn’t the pizza’s fault, it has bad associations for me and will be a while before I can stomach the thought of it again. So there goes my easiest freezer dinner.

14 Likes