Tiny Complaints

Vanguard told me I could fill out my form online, so I did. But now it’s been 2.5 weeks and no one has processed it, and I have to CALL and talk to a real person to find out why. They won’t tell me over chat, and no one has responded to my secure message I sent last week. Ew.

ETA - I called and was on the phone for like 20 minutes, whew. No one knows why it’s not processed, haha. The person I talked to said she’s escalated it to high priority and they should process it in the next day or two, and she’ll let me know if anything is wrong.

13 Likes

The president of our HOA is a very nice person, but holy hell does she like to talk. What should have been a 30 minute meeting took two hours courtesy of (among other things) a soliloquy on the history of our neighborhood irrigation system, a thorough review of every company who has ever touched a plant in our neighborhood, and a rant about Ma Bell. The actual relevant information:

1. The lake has started filling, and the irrigation pumps will be coming online the first week of June so expect sprinkler testing/repairs to start that week as well.
  2. After the sprinklers are up and running, the landscaping company will be re-seeding the areas that need it, and at the same time they’ll be trimming the smaller trees/marking the larger ones for the tree people.
  3. No clue, especially since I’m pretty sure the actual Ma Bell was broken up before I was born, and I don’t know anyone (including said HOA president) who even has a landline.
8 Likes

Do you know anyone who has AT&T?

2 Likes

One thing our tax person recommended requires me to do something new with our bank. It involves putting some money in an account that’s only mine, not joint. So, I got on the website to see if there was anything there that addressed this, moving $ from a joint account into something that isn’t joint?

Wound up on the login page while I looked at the various menu headings… and the AI robot (it was a cartoon robot) said, “Are you having problems with your login?”

And I replied, “No. I’m not trying to log in. I’m looking for information.”

Robot: “I can’t process how that has anything to do with your log in.”

Me: “I’m not trying to log in.”

Robot: “I can help you find your log in information.”

Me: “No, you can’t. I’m not looking for log in information. And I’ll call the 800 number and talk to a person, not a stupid AI.”

I’m sure their QA people will be perplexed! I was both furious that I’d wasted so much time and at the bank because the thing is so brain dead.

5 Likes

I opened a subsidiary account this week, and it would only allow me to set it up in my name only. If I want it to be a joint account we have to go into the bank like it’s the 20th century or something. I warned dh.

5 Likes

Wisconsin Public Radio has reorganized itself in a way that means I can’t listen to my local station and have returned to listening to the NPR station in Ohio. WPR better fix this, or my pledge money goes back to Ohio.

7 Likes

I got my period 2 months in a row. I have yet to learn my lesson about doing my testosterone shot on time.

14 Likes

I am now a dried up old hag - I do not miss those things. And mine were never that bad.

4 Likes

Me, too! Ain’t it the best?

3 Likes

Except for the literal dried up part - dry skin, dry ear wax, though I am glad I haven’t got ouly hair anymore. I was also lucky re: menopause symptoms - no hot flashes, though I think i did have some brain fog.

4 Likes

Oh, I had symptoms, so now I have better living through chemistry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I hurt my wrist this morning. So now I’m gimpy on my right on top and bottom.

9 Likes

Oh no, sounds like a sinister plan

5 Likes

people who pay real $$$ for their medications, please look away

one of my medications is usually $45 for 3 months (bc I don’t have insurance, the manufacturer subsidizes so I don’t switch to generic). Dr submitted in a 12 month extension after my visit earlier this week, and also for a new cream.

so when I went by the pharmacy just before closing yesterday and picked them up, I assumed the $65 broke down as ~$45 for my regular meds, and ~$20 for the cream. Nope. They only gave me one month of my meds, which ends up being 33% more per box thanks to the dispensing fees.

11 Likes

Yah, love, love, love being a dried up old hag, no more bouts of monthly insanity…

Miss orgasms tho. If I’d known it was my last one, I’d have paid more attention! :smiley:

4 Likes

I think I got bit by a deertick when I was outside this morning. Darn!

4 Likes

Um, that has not been my experience and if it was I’d bring it to someone else’s attention.

8 Likes

They yanked my plumbing because it was precancerous, so my change was sudden and complete.

4 Likes

Never too late to look into adding some progesterone gel, etc :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: There’s options and new ones all the time.

7 Likes

Sorry you had to go through that. You didn’t go on HRT?

I am not on HRT. Part of me thinks that we are meant to age and this is just part of the process. Another part is vaguely aware of hormone-sensitive breast cancer, and worried there could be some risk, or other risks to the therapy. But mostly I had no serious “side effects” (though maybe my poor sleep is part of it?).

3 Likes