Tiny Complaints

TO THE WINDOWWWWWWWW TO THE WALL!

5 Likes

A guy rang the doorbell and when I opened it I found out that he was selling windows. I said “sorry we’re not interested” and instead of leaving, he kept talking!! Luckily I could just shut the door because I didn’t feel like I had to be “polite” and then he left.

11 Likes

That is super impressive!

2 Likes

I couldn’t believe his nerve! Like he was going to bully me into listening to his sales pitch?!

7 Likes

I wasn’t hungry at lunchtime so I skipped it, and now I’m hungry. It’s too late to eat my lunch and still enjoy my dinner that I’m excited about, but I forgot to bring any snacks :frowning:

ETA - unrelated, but no matter how many times I change and save it, every time I open my redline for this document, the footer font has been changed from Times New Roman to Calibri. WTF Word?

7 Likes

We used to get a million phone calls about window replacements back in the landline days, and one time I told the guy that we had had all our windows bricked up because it was always so cloudy in Ohio. There was an extremely long silence and then the guy hung up. We got a lot fewer calls after that, too.

Jokes on me, though, since I’m about to do my third round of window replacement.

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I just started watching Black Sails and whoever directed was way to find of hand held cameras.

1 Like

backing up means not having your material only in the cloud or only on your machine

13 Likes

Yes! Mine are on my laptop, desktop AND cloud (dropbox). Losing it all would be terrible

5 Likes

WOW huge yikes!!!

3 Likes

I just realized that my return order of two pairs of Brooks sneakers (ugh, wish I could just go to a store but I need extended widths) didn’t get scanned by the postman, so until they get scanned I’ve got $300 of returns just floating out there. I’m sure it’ll eventually get scanned but it’s making me a little nervous :frowning:

6 Likes

My uterus is trying to have cramps. This is bullshit, stop it.

7 Likes

They just got scanned. Thank goodness!!

7 Likes

the other week I thought I had bocconcini, and I couldn’t find it in the fridge, so I bought a new container to make eggplant parm.

Yesterday the shadowy one found two containers of bocconcini, bb May 8.

6 Likes

This seems also like a tiny victory?
Salads?

2 Likes

It is also a tiny victory. I think we will take some of the cherry tomato from the weekend’s flashfood box and some balsamic drizzle, perhaps some of the oregano from the garden.

5 Likes

I missed the text from the eyeglasses guy this morning. When I called to see wtf? He said he could see me, in 1/2 hour. OOOOookay. It takes 45 minutes to comfortably get to your office. So — off I go like a bat outta hell – and get stuck in construction.

I was 2 minutes late. The appointment took 5 minutes or less.

I am SO glad to have glasses that actually work. I’d been using my old ones as reading glasses, before they went off to be updated. But when they were gone, I was using my old-old glasses, which of course was worse.

DH’s job med. insurance doesn’t pay for glasses. I’m old, they’re $500+ each pair. I just can’t afford to get both pairs done at once, really.

But my complaint? I missed the text, left here like a bat outta hell, was still 2 minutes late, and… it didn’t get any better. I was late for almost everything and I just forgot to do the marketing.

Stupid, dumb, old lady brain. Stress these days makes me very close to brain dead, which makes me more stressy, which… Gack! Being old is a bitch sometime, esp. when you just don’t have the leeway to act like it!

8 Likes

Chicken package leaked in the fridge. I didn’t think it was too extensive, then picked up a 5lb bag of flour in the back of the shelf and the bag burst and there’s 5 pounds of flour and chicken juice all over my fridge now. :sob: :unamused: :exploding_head:

22 Likes

My friend just got dumped and this story cheered them up. Thank you for your service, and I’m so sorry.

12 Likes