Tiny Complaints

I was so happy that my last protector came with two covers. Now that I have used the second Im torn on getting another as a backup, or if I plan to keep this until the phone itself is obsolete.

1 Like

This Thursday has been listed as a “tentative” holiday for Labor Day on my office’s holiday calendar for the year. All other holidays designated “tentative” throughout the year have, in fact, been holidays. Just today it was announced that the government has decided Labor Day is going to be observed on Sunday instead, so now Thursday is no longer a holiday and I have to use up a vacation day or cancel a trip that’s already planned and paid for. :rage:

10 Likes

No! That’s so mean!

3 Likes

It’s so silly because not confirming public holidays until the week of is like, laughably far from the worst thing the government here does, it just feels the most personally egregious to me!!

6 Likes

Our small town library is open 33 hours a week, which suprised me. I would have thought it was closer to 20.

WHY are there no recipes for multiple types of greens making soup stock?

My refrigerator is chock a block FULL of green stuff, will get yet more on Weds, and I have NO recipes which start with… use 1lb spinach and 1 lb other greens. Or lettuce, or swiss chard, or pea shoots (although I do have a recipe for those) or…

WHY???

spinach + other greens (including chard): groundnut soup? it freezes well.

Also red lentil curry and greens are good.

lasagna or other baked pasta?

You could definitely use multiple types of greens in something like this:

Or this!

but those are not soup stock.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like
2 Likes

It is April. I barely went outside. And yet I found a tick.

9 Likes

This was a peony plant that I got last fall. A squirrel decapitated it today and took off with the root. It was going to be pretty. Goddamn squirrels.

13 Likes

I cut the cucumber with a garlicky knife.

Just to be a butt I split it in half lengthwise, like two canoes instead of two pipes.
More surface area was sliced, so every bite of it has garlic.

10 Likes

Peonies are expensive, too!!

4 Likes

“Knee friendly” doesn’t just mean I don’t want to kneel on the ground you assholes, it means I don’t want 7 trillion squats. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

hands you sharpened machete

7 Likes

Body being stupid.

10 Likes

:expressionless::two_hearts::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I hate chrome’s new tab design (it makes the tabs more crowded and harder to read) and all of the workarounds are slowly not working anymore.

Anyone know of another good browser that easily transfers settings and bookmarks between multiple devices? Using less RAM than chrome would be a bonus.

3 Likes

Today is Tuesday and I am doing pre-surgical stuff at the hospital where I am having surgery on Monday. It’s really close to a restaurant and an ice cream place that I like. They are both closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

16 Likes