Tiny Complaints

So far I’m allergic to everything on earth when it comes to my face (some stuff I tolerate on my body, but nothing on my face- mineral based stuff doesn’t usually give me a rash but it does give me intense acne). I’ve given up now. I’m done. Fully. It takes weeks for eyelid dermatitis to resolve. This one isn’t even in English. I’m seriously done.

10 Likes

I wish I could but I work out of a queue that is heavily monitored :melting_face:

6 Likes

That sucks. Lots of active wear have SPF protection now, so at least there is that.

2 Likes

I just realized I am getting bitchy with a hotel in a foreign country known for not great things to certain nationals about a non paper birthday. I guess it’s time to discretely chill. Luckily my first email was nice, but I shouldn’t push it.

8 Likes

Confirmed. Credit card charged, cake not provided.

$22 cake not provided. I will do a phonecall focused on not providing. And then a bad review later

12 Likes

That is all the bullshit

2 Likes

Neither library that I have an active card for has the new Seanan McGuire as an ebook.

Chicago has it in paperback but obviously that does not help me right now.

7 Likes

It is snowing.

7 Likes

Anneke decided a few hours ago that we should no longer be sleeping. I wanted to sleep in and I’m so annoyed at her! Next time I’m just going to kick her out of the room the minute she starts to whine.

Of course now that it’s closer to me alarm time, she’s downstairs playing with the other cats.

3 Likes

I just dumped a bunch of heavy bags of soil amendments onto a new flower bed and now my back is unhappy. I have to mix it all in tomorrow which will also make my back unhappy.

9 Likes

I think ravioli is getting another tooth. 5am wakeup after we got a weekish of 6 is throwing me so much. So damn tired

9 Likes

Noise overstimulation. I am thisclose to finding a bathroom to hide in.

13 Likes

Stress dream. Why, subconscious?

5 Likes

Baby up at 4:30 and 5 this weekend. Dropping a nap is going great :face_with_spiral_eyes:

(I think it’s a tooth)

5 Likes

I got my new flower bed made and decided that it looks dumb where I stopped it. I thought that it would look dumb but hoped it wouldn’t! But it does! So now I have to make it like 15’ longer to connect it to another one and make it look right.

12 Likes

Vertigo

8 Likes

I need 3 48 x 96 raised beds. Fine. Lowe’s has them, picture shows 3, price seems to indicate 3, but NOWHERE do they say if it’s 3 items in one package or just 1 insanely overpriced item.

WTF!

3 Likes

Biweekly pay periods.

I don’t like that the number of paychecks per month is uneven, and that I don’t actually make my full salary every year because I get paid for 52 weeks instead of 365 days. A bonus pay period every 6 years doesn’t make up for it imo. Bills and expenses come in months and years, not in two-week chunks. Pay me monthly or semi-monthly.

Anyway, this particular complaint is brought to you by leap year. Since my pay rate is calculated by taking my annual salary, dividing by the number of days in a year, and multiplying by 14, my paychecks are smaller on leap years because my salary is divided by 366 instead of 365. Even more baffling is that this rate change is in effect April-April of leap years even though our fiscal calendar is July-June. So for the last year, I’ve been getting $5 less per paycheck. I just got my first one back at my real rate. The whole thing is so dumb to me. I know it’s just $5, but it’s the principal of the fact that I essentially work an extra day for less pay on leap years.

17 Likes

This is bonkers.

6 Likes

I am covered in hives.

14 Likes