Tiny Complaints

I am sorry this happened to you. Taxes are rage inducing for me with complexity and lack of control. Did they need to sell and recognize capital gains because people were leaving the fund? (e.g. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/15/vanguard-created-big-tax-bills-for-target-date-fund-investors-lawsuit-claims.html)

4 Likes

Interesting. That is the exact same scenario as mine, but they were not targeted date funds. I know I have no chance in getting money back, but I’m obviously quite upset. I want to remove all my money from Sunlife and put it over to QT, but I’m not sure how much doing that would end up costing me money too. I have some research to do this year.

6 Likes

yeah, we don’t have many options with the non registered money the shadowy one has with TD. the taxes on anything beyond the smallest moves would be appalling.

3 Likes

This is the way. Also check to see if your library has a deliver later option. Mines let’s me set a date 4-30ish days into the future to redeliver the book so I don’t have to drop to the end of the holds list.

3 Likes

I did the deliver later option but I’m almost done with this nonfiction book, then I have an Ursula K Leguin waiting for me.

2 Likes

Had made great progress on my cranky knee, then I slept weird again last night and it hurts again.

I’m officially old I think, my main injuries come from sleep positioning.

5 Likes

attack ads for an election that isn’t expected until june '26

6 Likes

omg already?

I hadn’t noticed (yet), but I also haven’t been paying attention

youtube, a snide one about Bonnie Crombie. if there are more it will force me off of watching on my tv and onto desktop with ad blockers (or, worse, paying for youtube premium). Did you know there are photos of her smiling around a very unpopular federal leader?

1 Like

I set up my day around two mentoring calls, and one no-showed and the other changed the time 10 minutes before we were supposed to start (also, it was an hour later than I expected because I forgot daylight savings is inconsistent)

So now I haven’t been able to accomplish anything I was planning to today, and I need to figure out what I will do with the final 3 hours, which would have been irrelevant had I gotten the other two done. (Because I am still caught in the cult of productivity, I know, I’m working on it)

7 Likes

Menstruation.

12 Likes
gross, no photos

Kid got home and promptly vomited. A LOT.

9 Likes

Zero motivation. Must find some.

7 Likes

Work.

5 Likes

You still have to take care of your baby even when you have a cold?! (Wife is doing so much so this is not a wife complaint)

15 Likes
Truly tiny, parents and people with chronic conditions, do not look

full night of sleep (1030-630), coffee

and exhausted at 930am

10 Likes

Valid

3 Likes

Been there. So many times.

2 Likes

I dressed based on today’s projected high of 83 and did not dress based on the absolutely frigid waiting room I ended up stuck in for 3 solid hours :cold_face:

9 Likes

Explaining to an engineer who makes at least twice my salary that in order to add a product to a quote, you actually have to hit “enter” and put in a quantity for the item. This is at least the 5th time I’ve had this same conversation after a panic “I can’t get a price to populate, there’s an error!” Teams message. Give. Me. A. Break. I . Am. Not. Paid. Enough. For. This.

15 Likes