Tiny Complaints

But what is the post?

I am digging deep here on ways to procrastinate doing work from my job. Yes, it is Saturday but my brain refused to activate yesterday, probably in part because of my poor life choices I made on Thursday night. I chose fun. It was very good in the moment, but not great Thursday night and Friday when I had to work.

I’ve already been thinking that maybe I need to take a quick shower so I can try on my entire wardrobe and figure out if there is more stuff I should ditch. Perhaps an Internet rabbit hole is better? Regardless of what you are arguing with people on, I’m pretty sure you are arguing with assholes and/or people that are clinging to their own ignorance for dear life such that you are a serious threat to their very well-being and existence! Eyeroll to them.

6 Likes

Sick. Panicking I’ll be sick for the Thailand trip

10 Likes

Realized right before checking in to our hotel that I had not, in fact, booked the hotel I thought I did. I figured out that what happened is that the reservation link on Google Maps for the hotel I wanted actually goes to a hotel on Booking.com that has an almost identical name and is a few blocks away but is also a totally different and less nice place and now I feel dumb :woman_facepalming:

15 Likes

5th heat wave this summer.

4 Likes

I was at Target anyway and I need bras so I made myself try some on. I tried on four, none fit, I got angry and gave up.

8 Likes

That’s fuckin malicious I’m sorry

2 Likes

Google’s incremental sucking so that we cannot trust logical links to go to where we expect is so very enshitification.

It is not you. They did that on purpose.

10 Likes

It’s getting So Bad.

5 Likes

restarted my PT exercises because my knees were starting to ache, and a week later they hurt more and more quickly from the start of walks (4 different pairs of shoes, so it isn’t a shoe replacement issue afaict)

5 Likes

No! Rude!

Leaf mold allergies.

3 Likes

Kids shouldn’t have cardiac problems. There should be some kind of law about it.

11 Likes

Agreed.

There is a 12-18-month wait for my city’s rain barrel program.

2 Likes

a relevant article wrt bad Google search results

https://pluralistic.net/2024/02/21/im-feeling-unlucky/

2 Likes

a problem with going to meetups is that people want to talk about the future/likely impact of AI and it makes it challenging to hold to my efforts not to yuck people’s yum in 2024

9 Likes

I found a good feature of AI.
My friend has, for many years, been getting me to edit and/or write her more formal communications. She’s on a bunch of boards so it’s a lot.
She just got AI and suddenly I’m out of a job. It’s great! She did a bunch of letter writing and didn’t even call me.

15 Likes

I am glad that is working for you.

a person at my contract gig wants to replace their customer satisfaction survey with all open ends and use AI to do all analysis (no planned human review of the open ends themselves). They also are using one or two comments from the ‘anything else’ sections to validate their beliefs about what should be done next in the app, so in general, just very low awareness of how to work with research and the risks of just taking things at face value. They have this weird ‘research is so special’ vs. ‘research takes no effort at all’ dichotomy. eta: I guess it’s the breathless excitement and lack of broader knowledge or awareness before they jump in

13 Likes

That is a terrible use of AI. I second your complaint

7 Likes

It’s literally in our “corporate goals” this year - the things that we’re evaluated on at performance review time - to figure out how to use AI in our jobs. I hate it and it’s gross.

8 Likes