Tiny Complaints

I had an employee once no show (and no call) at the bookstore. When i asked her the next time she did show up, wtf?

She said, “There was a deer in the road.” as if that explained everything?

This was New England, there are deer everywhere. The state is heavily forested and the deer live in the forest. This woman was raised here.

???WTF???

Fortunately, I was the boss. I gave it a pass and told her the next time she did a no show and didn’t call not to come back. And that fixed the problem.

But seriously?

5 Likes

Not from Tuscon. But I worked there briefly.

2 Likes

I made a suggestion in a meeting and coworker said it would be a waste of time. I think he is a waste of space. Does that make us even?

17 Likes

Every single Thursday I go to a recurring meeting and get mansplained and talked down to. Man: “Well I have 15 years of experience with this, so I’ll consider your suggestion.” Me too, my dude. Plus I’m certified and you’re not, so maybe give me respect?
(why I’m quitting reason number 839)

18 Likes

I think you win.

2 Likes

I hope you say this out loud. Really loud.

9 Likes

Someone on Buy Nothing asked for “all the bubble wrap you have.” I put out all the bubble wrap I have, and she left half of it behind because it was more than she needed.

16 Likes

we got rid of so much bubble wrap in December and then the new buy nothing group I’m in asked for some. alas.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Thank you this was my exact thought too, and I was too lazy to execute :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Children continue to need so much stuff. So much

12 Likes

2:45 am puppy :poop: emergency. He went right back to sleep. I, of course, did not

8 Likes

I had a mammogram on Saturday. The tech specifically said that if I needed follow up testing someone would call me. If everything was good I’d just get my test results in the portal.

Yesterday I saw my test results pop up in the portal so I thought, “Oh, great, let me just open those and confirm that I got the all-clear.” So I did. And it wasn’t. Not a bad result, but a “this looks kinda weird, need more imaging” result.

I’m sure they will call me to schedule a follow up appointment, so it’s not like what the tech said was untrue, but I interpreted what she said to mean that if there was anything wonky I’d get a phone call BEFORE seeing portal results. Normally I open test results in the portal expecting potential surprises. This time because of what she said I thought the results were definitely going to be normal.

This is a tiny thing to fixate on and I’m not actually angry about it and not too freaked out about the results. But I’m complainy about it, hence posting here.

15 Likes

I don’t want to wait until page 19 of your research deck to find out that your ‘global study’ was US, UK and Canada.

Eta: the word you wanted was international

13 Likes

The thing where test results now release to portals before comments & doctor review is… a thing. I can’t tell if I like or absolutely hate it.

12 Likes

Old lady cat’s blood pressure is down (yay!) But not down enough. :pleading_face:

9 Likes

I’m trying to transfer a document that is supposed to be done into a new template so I can finalize it. It is not done. The figures look terrible, the tables are all screenshots, one of the graphs is a screenshot of a PowerPoint slide. And when I try to find the original data, not only are there no references, they didn’t even record any of it in our electronic lab notebooks.

And the guy who wrote this before he was laid off was higher level than me. I’m mad.

16 Likes

Oh no.

1 Like

Oooh that is bad.

1 Like

I cannot consume any media in the shower and I cannot take a bath. Also sitting is not as good

6 Likes