Tiny Complaints

YES. I hate this and they’re losing my business because of it!

6 Likes

Hard agree. More than once at work when I ask for variety details on the bakery of the day, the baker has told me they’re up on the Instagram page. And I’m like “that’s nice. Please tell me anyway.”
I am not supposed to have my phone on the floor. And also I am just asking if that’s chocolate or like… Brownie or something. Don’t make me follow your social media to have basic information!

8 Likes

I wish I could tell how many albums I’ve saved in Spotify (how I remind myself to go back and listen later). I’d like to give myself a cute lil listening goal

That is very very common here and it annoys me.

My favorite cheap drive through burrito place has new owners. The bean and cheese burrito was $2.99 and now $5.75 :sob: :sob: and now they are selling fancy espresso drinks :sob: :sob:

12 Likes

Boo. Hiss.

We were very sad when Sanchez Burrito company closed after we had moved away. We were back for a visit and no Sanchez! :cry:

2 Likes

I want to buy a piece of furniture off of FB marketplace. The seller said it’s still available, I said I’m still interested and offered some times, but she hasn’t messaged me back. It’s been over 3 hours! Lady I am trying to give you money!!

5 Likes

She’s probably in a meeting or appointment! On the plus side she’s not making a deal with someone else right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, you don’t get the hint. You are very dense. It’s not your fault you’re such a dummy. Kitty will just have to understand and accommodate.

2 Likes

So many places have changed or closed here since covid! It’s so sad! My first visit to Tucson I had a chile verde burrito from La Fresita and it was my go-to and now it’s completely different and double the price. Such a bummer!

3 Likes

Sanchez closed way, way before COVID. So did Chuy’s - the owner did something naughty. There were about 9 locations in town, then after we moved away and visited a couple of times there was one, then none.

But Lucky Wishbone is still running! (Get the shrimp). And Eegee’s (spouse loves them, I think it is meh). And Baggin’s - good for sandwiches.

1 Like

Bite your tongue!!!

2 Likes

We were in Tucson last May, and he was disappointed that they changed the bread they used for the sandwiches, and generally put less stuff on the sandwich. But the Eegee slushies seemed the same.

2 Likes

… how many current/former Tucsonans do we have? (What’s the demonym for people from Tucson?)

1 Like

I’m very meh on Eegee’s too, but I’m meh on most fast food except for Sonic ice cream cones, haha. I did have an Eegee slushy free at an event and it was ok! I wouldn’t buy it but I appreciated it when it was free

Well you know I grew up in Tucson so I’m sure that has something to do with it but in my view, there is nothing like an Eegee Grinder. If I could have that sandwich here in Portland, my life would be perfect. I like the actual Eegees, but the main draw for me is that grinder. Their other sandwiches are fine, but the grinder is just tops for me.

Do you like tea and lemon? I’m not a huge tea fan actually but they have this drink at Eegees called the Teagee. They put a bunch of lemon Eegee in the cup and then fill it with ice tea. It’s super yummy. I also like to do halves for my Eegees. Half strawberry, half lemon. Unless I love the flavor of the month! Then I need that.

4 Likes

This sounds really good! I will have to try one this Summer. I live like 3 min away from an Eegees but I’ve never actually been…probably a Tucson rite of passage!

2 Likes

If you’re hungry, try a grinder. Heated up!

3 Likes

Have you been to an Eegees recently. The Grinder was Spouse’s favorite sandwich, but he learned this year that they changed the roll (bigger and denser so more bread/ sandwich), and they don’t seem to put as much goodies on the sandwich.

I recommend Jersey Mike’s italian sandwich (#13?) if theyhave shops in your area.

1 Like

No, it’s been years since I acquired an Eegee grinder. I’m sad to hear they changed perfection.

2 Likes