The Unf*ck It Thread

i have a big set of shelves where i store most of my art supplies. they are colorful and cute but sometimes i want less visual clutter, so i hung one of those bamboo rolling blinds on the front – so i’m able to hide and expose them easily without having to move anything around.

9 Likes

That’s genius! The rolling blinds thing.

3 Likes

While helping me clean, Boyfriend found a bunch of those little grids that you can build cubes out of. They are meant for closets; I used them for craft show displays. But he thought they might make good cubbies for fabric-based work in progress and he was correct! He built a stack of 3 and things feel better in there now.

17 Likes

Hm, a whiteboard is a good idea.

3 Likes

I have a spreadsheet where I keep a project list and some basic info (like date I started working on it and date I ended… hahahahhaa). Also baskets/bowls/etc that the projects live in.

2 Likes

the bathroom sink was draining slowly, and there wasn’t anything I could see when I took out the plug, so the shadowy one took out the trap and cleaned it thoroughly and apparently that is the absolute grossest job they ever have to do in this house, but now everything is working properly again.

Just me appreciating the improvement isn’t really sufficient given the work done.

11 Likes

There are machines outside clearing the snow/ice/slush from the parking lot and driveways. I don’t know where they are going to put it, though.

6 Likes

This would imply that I have enough brain to look at a spreadsheet - but I gotta say, that is impressive!

3 Likes

Better than my approach. I make the spreadsheets, and then I forget that they exist. So I both put the effort in, and don’t benefit from the system. :melting_face:

10 Likes

This is the way :joy:

6 Likes

extremely relatable

3 Likes

I have no less than 5 different home maintenance type lists that exist… somewhere.

7 Likes

Google Drive, Keep, notes on your phone, maybe a whiteboard in your house, and two paper notebooks :sweat_smile:

Not that I would know or anything.

4 Likes

I’m offended by how accurate this is.

The white board is my only semi functional one haha.

4 Likes

Yes! I think it’s because I see it on accident while I’m at home, and I don’t have to make a decision to find and consider my list.

3 Likes

only two notebooks? I’m impressed by your restraint.

Plus Notion and Trello.

2 Likes

I forgot about Trello! I definitely have two lists there as well :sweat_smile:

I use Trello for work tasks successfully, so it is possible! But that’s only because I’m already on my computer all day, so it’s easy to keep open.

1 Like

Completely off-topic, but Elbow Grease is the name of a monster truck with “ lots of gumption” in John Cena’s series of children’s books. Yes, that John Cena.

They are… not the worst thing I’ve read, I guess.

6 Likes

I have a couple Spreadsheets To Rule Them All.

2 Likes

I could not find my before picture, but this is how it looks today. It doesn’t look like much, but I am hoping it will be a lot more functional. I consolidated the bags by types and removed a whole big bag of superfluous bags, and I threw away the broken cat toy and consolidated those as well. Among the finds of reusable and tote bags, I found one from a conference my mother went to in the year 2000, and one that my ex-husband’s mother received at a seminar at her church about the swine flu.

Other steps I could take include hanging some command hooks on the wall to get some of the bags up off the ground or some of the cat toys, or I could throw away all my bags and replace them with the kind that fold up into themselves. But this was the first step that involves nothing.

12 Likes