2. I wanna play
  • BN posts :star:

• Bathrooms :star: :star: :star:

• Floors :star: , esp stairs :star:

• Clean out fridge :star:

• Fold laundry :star:

• Wash sheets (already removed/replaced) :star:

• Kitchen table doomspace

• Stretch goal: remaining crates of kitchen stuff half unpacked in LR: keep, store (Box, garage), give, trash

• Stretch goal: office boxes, shelves, books

• Stretch goal: plants

• Unfucking self goal: massage :grin: accomplished! :star: Also this place is great and 5 min away and not busy, def returning.

Note: I feel like the first 6 can be done pretty expeditiously, but anything unpacking related (includes kitchen table which has unpacked but unhoused things) is intimidating :pensive:

5 Likes

I hereby declare that we get gold stars when we unfuck these things

I need to add clean out the fridge to mine, too – there’s some gunk on one of the shelves…

6 Likes

I say we get a star for each item to celebrate incremental progress :blush:

And a nice date with flowers if we finish all. :grin:

5 Likes

I like your thinking.

Why does putting a stupid emoji gold star next to a thing motivate me?

8 Likes

I didn’t get a before but my bathroom has been bothering me for 3 weeks since we moved in. For some reason there was a drywall putty thing on the counter?!?! It’s clean now!

12 Likes

BN crate full of stuff outside. Consistently surprised by the things people take, but grateful. Hoping to drop off some old bedding for migrants (perfectly useable but doesn’t work for me now that I’m so sweaty at night) and a load of clothing at the thrift store. There is still plenty in this house I could BN. Exciting!

7 Likes
  • :white_check_mark: Kitchen counters
  • Junk drawers
  • Clothing bins - add to BN pile
  • Finally get my coat rack rail put up
  • Table with unfinished puzzle
  • Coat closet mess
5 Likes

One thing is unfucked!!!

11 Likes

Standing ovation! :raised_hands:

1 Like

OK that’s pretty good for a day, and laundry is between me and bed.

Need another massage though! :laughing:

6 Likes

So clean :sparkles:

11 Likes

Ooo looks good

1 Like

TY! I love the plant on the shelf. And the window (which I cleaned! :sparkles:) and the window plants. :seedling:

1 Like

Today, at a much slower pace, finished stairs, did more laundry (including soaking some whites in oxi clean… Water was very ew but socks didn’t seem much cleaner? But will see once dry.)

Remaining task is now kitchen table. But this has hidden tasks like reorganizing the wire shelves and the pantry to create useful storage for kitchen table things. Maybe I’ll take a nap first.

5 Likes

Two things are unfucked!

ETA: And the unfucking of the closets begins…

ETA2: What is the human compulsion to collect plastic grocery bags forever?

13 Likes

I had a storage tote that I threw some stuff into a while back when I was rearranging my desk. And by a while back I mean like 2022 I think. I just cleared all the stuff out of it (it was not even a third full) and it took like fifteen minutes.

7 Likes

Because at some point they’ll start charging you 0.05/bag at the grocery store, so you’ll need to use your stash for kitchen garbage liners. And then they’ll ban single use bags altogether at the grocery store and you’ll look at your dwindling stash and consider that one day soon you’ll need to actually buy garbage bags.

Or so I’m told.

12 Likes

At the beginning of covid the foodbank was asking for people to donate their plastic bags, since their clients could no longer come in with reusable bags.

Sunshine and I were the designated bag ladies. We’d collect, fluff, double, and stack all the grocery bags.

We received SO MANY bags. Zellers, a store that went out of business when J2 was a baby? We got ZELLERS bags even.

9 Likes

That’s amazing on the Zellers bags, wow.

We do use these as trash bags (and haven’t actually had to buy trash bags in over two years, between these and paper bags from our weekly takeout – just compost bags and little cat litter baggies). And even so… the pile is huge.

5 Likes

We felt like we could write a dissertation on people’s bag habits by the end. It was a fascinating and unexpected look into how people operate /organize.

Some dropped off big green garbage bags full of bags.

My kids needed community service hours towards their scout awards, and friends kids needed community service hours to graduate. Prepping food bank bags was an excellent socially distant way to get their hours

8 Likes