The Unf*ck It Thread

I’m feeling so much better about my 3 jams. (And it’s totally actually 4 if you count apple butter).

2 Likes

We have strawberry and apricot at all times at a minimum. Currently an open jar of cherry made by my parents. An apricot in the pantry from them. Also commercial decent quality mixed berry, blackberry, and a cherry.

4 Likes

I have a jam deficiency. Only one jar of Maple Bacon Onion jam. Delicious on brie or cream cheese, no so delicious in a PB jam sandwich.

3 Likes

this is sooooo satisfying. thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I did select the best bit of the job to share, but I’m pretty happy. Turns out that practice, even with long stretches of a couple of years in between, does make it better.

3 Likes

I bought a bunch of storage bins and am much more organized, but you would not know it if you walked inside.

12 Likes

A tiny unf*ck this morning

15 Likes

I love those vases!

Thanks! We kept having a stable of glasses with green onions and rooting plants and stuff, so when a stand with test tube vases got advertised to me on Amazon I was like, let’s make that practice more aesthetic :grin: not sure I’d recommend that exact one (hinges are a bit jank) but love the concept for sure!

7 Likes

a little kitchen spring cleaning

15 Likes

I cleaned off my vanity and cleaned out and organized my makeup. It’s not really how I like things. I’m a put-it-in-a-drawer person. I don’t like to see stuff out. But I’m also a loves-makeup person, a loves having lots of makeup choices person, a daily makeup wearer, and a person who is always running late and doesn’t have time to open and close drawers and find stuff when putting on makeup before work. So, this is how it is. No other place in my house is like this (well, at least the places I have control over) but the vanity gets to be the exception I guess. At least it’s more organized now.

14 Likes

Baskets for the win! :basket: I looove a basket

2 Likes

Oh, gosh, me too. I definitely have too many baskets and yet every time I’m in a store I’m like ooooh look at these cute baskets!

They are not the most practical for holding my makeup but they are the most pleasing to me to look at so they win. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the worst part right now of the office/guest room/nursery turn over situation. The guest room has so many cute baskets and turn tables and things I need to deal with now :sob::smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

At least turning it into a nursery is a happy fun project! Better than just packing it up to move or something.

2 Likes

This is true! Just also very, very overwhelming lol.

3 Likes

WIPS:

I’m screwed :rofl::sob::joy::grin:

But hey, we put the rug down. Which required washing it. Side note the Bissell Crosswave does do something to area rugs (how clean vs an actual rug cleaner, idk)

10 Likes

I am in great need of a habitat reset. Tomorrow I’ll be turning on Bridgerton and tackling the first layer.

8 Likes

Last night I realized I wasn’t re reading the authors whose names were at the beginning of the alphabet because I needed to get up on a chair to reach them. (this ikea bookcase has a two shelf vertical extender, not good for families who have climbers)

So this morning I moved the anthologies up to the top shelf, and everything else one row down.

16 Likes

You prompted me to tackle my own habitat and I’m 20 minutes into Bridgeton.

6 Likes